R142 (R62) Strip Map Homemade DIY BETA

Javier

I'm not exactly sure where to put this but since it falls under the "subway" category I thought it would belong here.

So making use of my extra R142 Strip I decided to use my geek skills to turn it into the real thing by adding LED's , 555 Timer Chip, Ardunio Uno, and a Music Snyd chip to the map. I know it looks clunky now but soon I'm gonna remove everything and retire everything into the wall instead of the map and drill holes through the stops. For now it's only Express stops between 86 Street and City Hall. Tell me what you think!

http://www.ezimba.com/work/150201C/ezimba12589356078400.jpg

I'm not exactly sure where to put this but since it falls under the "subway" category I thought it would belong here.

So making use of my extra R142 Strip I decided to use my geek skills to turn it into the real thing by adding LED's , 555 Timer Chip, Ardunio Uno, and a Music Snyd chip to the map. I know it looks clunky now but soon I'm gonna remove everything and retire everything into the wall instead of the map and drill holes through the stops. For now it's only Express stops between 86 Street and City Hall. Tell me what you think!

http://www.ezimba.com/work/150201C/ezimba12589356078400.jpg

Where you find this map at?

It's nice, but it could be much more efficient. Using a micro controller such as an Arduino along with a breadboard or two would be a far more efficient method to power the LEDs instead of a pack of AA batteries hooked up to each LED. You can then use a code such as this to make the LEDs blink.

p58sE6S.png

Edit: I realized I made a very small mistake here. This code wouldn't compile properly. Lets see if anyone can figure out why

I am using a Arduino but for some reason if I connect all the LEDS they are just going to start glitching and turn off and on when they aren't suppose to, so I just connected the Arduino to City Hall Stop and gave it the blinking code there.

So did anyone find out why his code didn't conpile correctly?

This:

Semicolons man, semicolons.

pinMode (led, OUTPUT)

should have been

pinMode (led, OUTPUT);

It's a pretty simple mistake. I caught it after I went over the code again. I was just seeing if anyone here could catch such a tiny mistake too.

This is why you have to be careful when you're programming while half asleep at 1AM :P

Okay so im now working on version 2 of the strip map but its gonna take 14 days for my arudnio uno to arrive (Ugh!) so I have a question, does anyone know what model led matrix is used for the interior signs on the R142?

• 2 months later...

Archived