An Old One

MHV9218

Not sure if a lot of people on this forum are old enough to remember, but one of the sights that you really got to see in the late 90s through the early 2000s were the rusted and paint-missing roofs of the old GMC RTSes that hadn't received a new paintjob in a while. I can't find my film shots, so I don't have any old photos of that. The phenomena hasn't happened as much on the current RTSes or retired buses in recent years, but I was going through some old photos and I found this shot of 9049--which has been retired for some while--with one of the patchy roofs of the old GMCs. Check out that bare metal and the pristine blackback. Nice piece of nostalgia, reminiscent of even older days. 

16502255369_8b90649006_o.jpg

Nice I remember back in 2003 and 2004 seeing PBL RTS with those types of problems. Of course from Green Lines and Triboro would just paint the whole bus all white before putting back the decals.

When I first saw this picture I thought it was an old one from the early 2000's until I realized the Orion VII's.

Archived