ᴴᴰ R142 - Experimental / Shorter 5 train announcements [Flatbush to Dyre Av]

Mr Railfan

Its been a very long time since i had a chance to post a video, so i figured i might as well make it an announcement video. This was recorded from R142 6555, and has the new experimental announcements to shorten dwell time in the station. That's the plan, however with this new program some stations actually have much longer arrival announcements such as 59 street. Anyways enjoy, and I have a few more (5) and (2) announcement vids coming up too.

This is very interesting. While I do like the old announcements, I guess they feel a bit long and redundant. Traveling a lot to London, it is interesting how they compare to the London Underground. For instance, “Ladies and Gentlemen, as you exit, please be careful of the gap between the platform and the train” really is unnecessarily long here. In London it is just “Mind the gap between the train and the platform edge.”

Also, that new announcement that tells us to make room for customers to exit is just annoying. I cannot imagine they would keep it like this.

Archived