NY Councilman Calls For Removal of Lane Bryant Subway Ads: “The F train has gone R-rated.”

Union Tpke

A subway train pulling into a station is supposed to be a welcome sight for riders, but some trains are generating a different reaction. A city councilman wants the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to do something about trains suddenly covered with ads for women's lingerie. NY1's Jose Martinez filed this report.

The F train has gone R-rated—so says Brooklyn City Councilman David Greenfield, who's got a problem with this train being covered in ads where the models aren't exactly covered.

Read more: Source

I was on that (F) train yesterday; the train was right there @ Roosevelt, so I didn't notice the exterior wrapping of the train until I got off at 21st.... But whilst inside the train.... What got me about those ads weren't the "models" wearing lingerie on some *oh no, what about the children" fake outrage BS" - it was the fact that they had fat women wearing lingerie.... Said to myself, what part of the game is this?!!?! Since when do they put fatties on display like that; last time I can call anything remotely close was in a Redman video....

There are enough fat women overstretching garments they got no business wearin anyway, let alone in public... I mean really, all this shit since the mid 2000's about eating healthy & improving fitness & what not (I still don't know how this whole health kick bit popped off)....

...and then they have this train here showcasing about 4 or 5 fat women in lingerie.

This is going to give these chicks all sorts of false hope; Big women are IN now, on some *We finally made it* tip....

Yeah, how did that work for MoNique, Kelly Price, Jennifer Hudson, etc. etc....

Will someone think of the kids?!?! What ever will they do if they see breasts on a train car? Oh wait, they already do, especially considering what some people call clothes.

I'll just say there is a reason the period of 1965-'72 is still considered by some the golden age of women's fashion.  Women knew at that time in particular how to look great without going to the lengths some women do today.  

Well, Jennifer Hudson is still relevant. Regarding the ad campaign itself, it's better than seeing uber-skinny chicks all the time.

Nothin to do with relevancy, fam..... I was referring to the whole *big girls are in* crap - especially with Monique....

Come to find out every single one of them (I listed) lost a serious amount of weight.... Raven Symone was another one (I was tryna remember in the initial post) on that tip too... It's like these chicks all lie to themselves....

As long as we in America adhere to the Euro' standard of beauty (which are those size nothing chicks you're referring to), fatties will never be "in" in this country..... Lane Bryant are setting those "models" (and whatever other big chicks that see those ads & have them thinking that they could be the next in line) up for failure....

side note: I though Lane Bryant been went out of business.... I have not heard that name brand in years.

side note #2: This stunt by Lane Bryant is supposed to be some "answer" to something Victoria's Secret did?

Man, I failed for even wasting 2 posts talking about this shit....

I was on that (F) train yesterday; the train was right there @ Roosevelt, so I didn't notice the exterior wrapping of the train until I got off at 21st.... But whilst inside the train.... What got me about those ads weren't the "models" wearing lingerie on some *oh no, what about the children" fake outrage BS" - it was the fact that they had fat women wearing lingerie.... Said to myself, what part of the game is this?!!?! Since when do they put fatties on display like that; last time I can call anything remotely close was in a Redman video....

There are enough fat women overstretching garments they got no business wearin anyway, let alone in public... I mean really, all this shit since the mid 2000's about eating healthy & improving fitness & what not (I still don't know how this whole health kick bit popped off)....

...and then they have this train here showcasing about 4 or 5 fat women in lingerie.

This is going to give these chicks all sorts of false hope; Big women are IN now, on some *We finally made it* tip....

What are you talking about those woman are beautiful the ad was to take a jab at Victoria secret for only showing skinny thin woman lol

This is why there is no money to fix anything in this country.

Because your elected leaders are too busy fighting these sorts of nonsensical idiot battles that only appeal to the PTA crowd while the rest of the city, state, and country suffer income inequality, opportunity shortage, exponentially growing cost of living, dilapidated and underfunded infrastructure, and their complaints falling on deaf ears.

But hey, at least we re-named some streets after dead guys and stuff. And banned a boob. Not boobs, just one boob. That one. But not the other thousands.

Your tax dollars at work.

This is why there is no money to fix anything in this country.

Because your elected leaders are too busy fighting these sorts of nonsensical idiot battles that only appeal to the PTA crowd while the rest of the city, state, and country suffer income inequality, opportunity shortage, exponentially growing cost of living, dilapidated and underfunded infrastructure, and their complaints falling on deaf ears.

But hey, at least we re-named some streets after dead guys and stuff. And banned a boob. Not boobs, just one boob. That one. But not the other thousands.

Your tax dollars at work.

Absolutely:

I know for some the whole ad issue is a big deal, but we have much bigger problems than that which need to be taken care of.

What's next, muffin tops? : o

Funny thing is here in New York State it's legal for a woman to walk around topless. And right in the middle of Times Square by Toys R Us and families visiting from around the world you'll see women with their tits out covered in body paint taking pictures. In this city you're gonna see some suggestive shit somewhere and alot of it way more suggestive than the train ads and if you don't want your kids to see any of it this ain't the city for you.

Never mind the problems and hypocrisy with a retarded society that constantly glorifies a bunch of NO TALENT HO'S like the Kartrashians, and this lifestyle of do nothing, but suck a D on camera once, get a reality show where you continue to do nothing, ???, and profit....

But a couple scantily clad plus sized models on an advertisement, and everyone loses their shit...

Never mind the problems and hypocrisy with a retarded society that constantly glorifies a bunch of NO TALENT HO'S like the Kartrashians, and this lifestyle of do nothing, but suck a D on camera once, get a reality show where you continue to do nothing, ???, and profit....

But a couple scantily clad plus sized models on an advertisement, and everyone loses their shit...

Not everyone. Note whence Greenfield is the councilman. He represents the Orthodox in Midwood, etc., who live in about 1845 and scream at passing women for wearing shorts down to their knees. Of course they're going to get angry. Doesn't mean everybody should listen, though.

I was making a joke. Do not take it seriously. I was alluding to the common perception of the R68/As as fat.

I'm not taking it seriously I know it was a joke R68/As are not that fat actually the fatest subway cars would be the R44/R46

I'm not taking it seriously I know it was a joke R68/As are not that fat actually the fatest subway cars would be the R44/R46

Per car, the R68s are the "fattest" at about 91,000 lbs each. Per 600' train set, the R160s are the heaviest thing on the rails now.

Archived