5 Years ago today 4/28/15

R33WF

The last of the R160s were deliver to 207St yard. Car # were 9967-9970. 9971-9974 were deliver on 4/26/10.

Here are some pictures & videos I took from that day.

IMG_1473_zpshncfonpo.jpg

IMG_1471_zpsetecil4c.jpg

I have a question about these cars... I remember seeing one in Manhattan being transported in the same fashion that the first picture illustrates.  How are these cars usually delivered? Are they brought in one-by-one like that? If so that seems like a VERY tedious task.  Also, I remember when I was in college, Bombardier would test the first new cars that the (2) and (5) have up in Plattsburgh.  I assume they must transport these along the I-87?

I have a question about these cars... I remember seeing one in Manhattan being transported in the same fashion that the first picture illustrates.  How are these cars usually delivered? Are they brought in one-by-one like that? If so that seems like a VERY tedious task.  Also, I remember when I was in college, Bombardier would test the first new cars that the (2) and (5) have up in Plattsburgh.  I assume they must transport these along the I-87?

According to nycsubway.org, the R142s were delivered from Plattsburgh by rail.

Alstom normally deliver their cars twice a week with 4 to 5 cars per delivery per night. 

Kawasaki normally deliver their cars one every weeknight.

Archived