R110A car 8010

Spotted this briefly at the north end of 207th Street Yard yesterday...

17869247949_41b6e58030_b.jpg

Not that great of a photo. Yet I thought seeing the car there by itself was pretty interesting sitting among some vintage vehicles. The other A-unit cars are still on the other side of the yard by the river.

M.F.'86
<4>

Good catch!  I wonder what it was doing there?

Thanks! Your guess is as good as mine. I passed by there again earlier this evening after work and I saw that the car's still there.

What information I gather on the remaining R110A cars (those not converted to reach cars):

Car 8005's completely gutted as it was meant to be a pump car. This sits coupled to car 8001.

Car 8006 sits alone at the very back of the yard with a handful of Redbirds and work cars.

As for the rest - two other A-unit cars (I don't know which), I heard some time ago, underwent varying degrees of dismantlement. I am not sure what was being dismantled, nor how much was dismantled. But I believe one of those was also going to be a pump car. I also know that seats from the cars were being sold as surplus on the MTA's website sometime ago.

Then there was one car that was still completely intact. Whether car 8010 is the car that is still intact, I really don't know. But there she is.

Thanks for the info and photo!

No problem!

Great pic!

Thanks!

how I miss riding the R110a on the (2) back in the early 90's!

I used to see these and the R110B cars often in operation in the 1990s, unfortunately never got the chance to ride on them. I would occasionally see the R110As running not in service along the Jerome Avenue El.

i only got to ride on the R110a once, from Allerton to Nevins on the (2), but saw them a bunch when I was in pre-k. even saw them from time to time on the <5> when it would go to Nereid.

I rode the R110a once on the (2) from Allerton to Nevins, but I saw the set a lot when I was in pre-k. even saw a set on the <5> once headed to Nereid.

Archived