Bedford Park & Fordham May 29th

MattTrain

That whole area is pretty ghetto until you get up around Grand Concourse and Van Cortlandt Park Avenue East and approach Mosholu Parkway.  That little part looks ok since it's near Montefiore.  If it wasn't for that I'm not sure what would be of that area.  I'm amazed at the quality of pics you got as I'm sure you stood out there.  Not exactly the safest area to say the least.

Thanks everyone, I kinda had the impression that it was so I didn't stay there too long. I snapped away for about 30 minutes in each area as I was visiting a friend up there for the day.

I remembered taking  pics over there at Brunside after getting off the (4), some lady asked what I was doing. I don't even know what she thought I was doing, but she looked at me with a wierd face. However, yeah, not everyone will do that. The closer you get to the Fordham University area along Fordham Road, you won't really have to worry about much. However, for the most part, points north of Fordham Road in the Northeast Bronx aren't that bad.

Thanks everyone, I kinda had the impression that it was so I didn't stay there too long. I snapped away for about 30 minutes in each area as I was visiting a friend up there for the day.

I'm sure you know this but seriously... Just be careful in certain parts of the Bronx.  Some of the things I see on TV that happen in the Bronx are just crazy.  I'm street smart, but I don't go walking around throughout the Bronx because I know some areas are really rough and things can jump off even during daylight hours.  I forget what area it was in the Bronx, but some guy was jumped and beaten with a baseball bat and stabbed in broad daylight for a gold chain.  When I saw the video I couldn't believe it.  There was an old lady right there who witnessed the whole thing and looked equally shocked that this was happening during light hours. Bedford Park has some sketchy areas, and parts of the Concourse above 165th are downright scary from what I've heard.  Hell I've even walked through parts of 165th and have seen bullet holes in the doors, so I stick to 161st when I have to go off of the Concourse and always make sure I'm aware of who is around me.  Folks move fast and they certainly know when you are not from around the area.

I've taken pictures around the grand boulevard and coconcourse using the full name btw from Bedford Park to as far down as HighBridge and Morrisania. I do agree that south of Fordham Road it gets a bit shady so i just snap away and keep it moving. I haven't had too many incidents, the only serious one i had was being called in three years ago for taking bus pics in the Mott Haven section.

Archived