So what comes next in the hiring process?

98 Snake Eater

Took the CI test a few weeks back and was told that the results wouldn't be available until October when all of the testing has been completed and they would call based on test scores :unsure:   

Surprisingly, I got a call to come in last week for Labs at 180 Livingston B-)

I swear, that place will make you wish you were at the DMV  <_<

Waited for hours and they called me into a nearby room for an "English test" that was nothing more than someone asking me about my commute that morning for about a minute, then it was back outside to wait another few hours before giving a urine sample that I had been holding in since 5AM :o

They gave me an application form about half inch thick to fill out at home and said to expect a call between 3 and 90 days :huh:

That's quite a window, especially for me since I live 1200 miles away and have to travel back and forth for each session  :wacko:

Anyways, what comes next in the process?

I'm sure there has to be more medical (like a proper physical), but what more do I need to go through before actually starting training?

How many more trips to Brooklyn (or anywhere else)?

It is an experience going to 180 Livingston. I was just there for the drug test for train operator a few days ago. I think they like to leave their options open regarding the call back date ("2-90 days") but their fundamental goal is to ensure each training class is a full house of qualified people. I'm waiting for my call back as well. The packet they ask you to fill out is unlike anything I've ever seen before in my 25 year working life.

Next time there going to call you, Make sure u have that 21 pg booklet filled out COMPLETELY! You will go through a medical vision, hearing, ekg etc. And if everything goes will you will get sworn in that day. Are you going for a provisional appointment?

Next time there going to call you, Make sure u have that 21 pg booklet filled out COMPLETELY! You will go through a medical vision, hearing, ekg etc. And if everything goes will you will get sworn in that day. Are you going for a provisional appointment?

I have most of it filled out already (still kinda fuzzy on the exact years I went to high school(s) as I bounced around quite a bit)

Any idea how much notice they give before coming in?

Reason I ask is because I'll most likely be in Florida if/when they call  :mellow:

When I got the initial call to come in for the Labs, it was nothing more than a quick voicemail telling me to be there the following day  :o  

I was lucky that I actually checked my voicemail cause I was supposed to leave for Orlando on that day  :blink:

Tried calling them back with no luck, so I just canceled my trip and went in  :unsure:

Now the window for a call back is huge, so I'm staying another week just in case, but I need to get back to work cause any time spent up here is lost money down there  :(

I signed up for a permanent spot, but have no idea what they might be offering at this point because I didn't expect things to be moving this quickly after the test  :huh:

I have most of it filled out already (still kinda fuzzy on the exact years I went to high school(s) as I bounced around quite a bit)

Any idea how much notice they give before coming in?

Reason I ask is because I'll most likely be in Florida if/when they call :mellow:

When I got the initial call to come in for the Labs, it was nothing more than a quick voicemail telling me to be there the following day :o

I was lucky that I actually checked my voicemail cause I was supposed to leave for Orlando on that day :blink:

Tried calling them back with no luck, so I just canceled my trip and went in :unsure:

Now the window for a call back is huge, so I'm staying another week just in case, but I need to get back to work cause any time spent up here is lost money down there :(

I signed up for a permanent spot, but have no idea what they might be offering at this point because I didn't expect things to be moving this quickly after the test :huh:

I know a few people that went to social security office to get old work history. As far as high school you might have to check with the department of education...

As far as the window they give you, i would say its safe to say 2 days ( you probably can get them to give you another date to come in, but that would put people in front of you as far as seniority goes). When they called me i believe it was a thurs or friday so i had extra time ( because they are off on the weekends, I had to come in that following Tuesday ) being that you took your pratical already, if they are calling you they probably need people in the job you applied for, so i think you are good ( dont quote me on that because the system is ran strange down here).

Just stay close to your phone, they will leave you a vioce message and call the second contact #( if you gave one).

every situation is different,Good luck to you!

@98, maybe you could stop at 180 Livingston sometime next week to explain your situation in person and offer to be examined before you go back to FL? I'm thinking they must be willing to work with people a little bit - a tiny degree of flexibility. They must know people are traveling, live elsewhere, have other things going on in their lives.

I already spoke with three people at the front desk and tried to explain my situation, but I can't say they were very helpful  :unsure:

One said she didn't have a clue and sent me to someone else, another said she has no idea how long of a notice I will get and to just make sure my phone is on with a working voicemail and the last one said that they hold no vacancies for positions, so if I don't show or delay the process, I get bumped until the next training session starts  :(

That being said, apart from the medical and background check, will there be a final interview?

Just a visit (entire day so pack a lunch) to MAC and HR to make sure all paperwork is correct and make any corrections if/as needed. They will give you insurance books, Rules & Regulations and other manuals. Afterwards, you're sworn in! Then you'll be given information where to report for date and time for training. At this point, you can exhale!!! lol

Just got the call today

Talk about cutting it close lol

I was about to leave for Florida tomorrow

They said to dress casual due to the tests being performed during the physical  :huh:

They're not gunna make me run laps around the office or anything, right?

If so, I'm wearing shorts cause it's just way too hot these days  :rolleyes:

Just got the call today

Talk about cutting it close lol

I was about to leave for Florida tomorrow

They said to dress casual due to the tests being performed during the physical  :huh:

They're not gunna make me run laps around the office or anything, right?

If so, I'm wearing shorts cause it's just way too hot these days  :rolleyes:

Basic medical exam. Physical, EKG, Blood pressure, vision test.

I wore a shirt and tie.

Whatever you do, DO NOT FALL ASLEEP IN THE WAITING ROOM!!!!

Basic medical exam. Physical, EKG, Blood pressure, vision test.

I wore a shirt and tie.

Whatever you do, DO NOT FALL ASLEEP IN THE WAITING ROOM!!!!

Funny you should say that....

On the first day, a big guy fell asleep near the back wall and started snoring like a grizzly bear.

No one told him anything and a couple of people broke out their cameras lol

Finally, I can breathe  ^_^  

Got sworn in late this afternoon  :D

I must say, it was an absolutely long, miserable day, but that last hour with HR was well worth it  ;)

Thought I was gunna get grilled on the paperwork line for line, but the rep was extremely friendly and helpful  :)

Now the fun begins.....

Leaving my truck on the Island and got a flight early morning for Florida to get things squared away with my current job, then pick up my other car and drive back either Monday or Tuesday cause I start on the 27th  :huh:

Thanks 

Just drove back from FL non-stop and my entire body is aching

Anyone know if there's a specific dress code for orientation?

The paperwork only says work clothes for day 3 at Coney Island, but doesn't say anything about 130 Livingston

Just dress casual, some people make a big deal out of dressing up for orientation. I seen guys in 3 piece suits and also hoddies and jeans. Now when u start your training they will tell you make sure u wear boots or hard bottom shoes until they issue you boots. We got ours the first or second day of training.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived