Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

1 hour ago, patientlywaiting said:

Also you say they give you any schedule can you say hey I’m unavailable Wednesday mornings, will they accommodate that and work around your schedule or will they just give you any schedule and open availability mandatory? 

No. The schedule you receive is for your class. Every class has their own schedule

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, So2rue said:

I called 2 weeks ago to see when I would be getting a pre employment letter. I'm number 695. They say they sent one out April 9th but I never received it. I don't know if they really sent it out but they say they did. She said they will defer me to the next wave of pre employment letters. Tomorrow is the day I'm able to call to get the date of when to come in just in case I never receive the new one thats going out now. 

Hey any update as to what happen on why you didn’t receive your pre-employment letter on time?  did you get your situation resolve? Just curious because I’m in the sameness situation right now 

question for any conductors visiting this board, Do you have to cut your facial hair for this job (i heard track workers can't have facial hair) and is there a head hair requirement, would it need to be cut or braided?

Edited by ThreeDogOWW

On 5/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, Emart said:

I can’t understand why every time someone emails or calls they say a different number and I’m 1146..still waiting   Also just received my list number for train operator which is 1107 🤦🏾‍♀️

My t/o list is 11xx

Just now, Jchambers2120 said:

Sorry that everyone is bombarding you with questions @AngelRC lol, but how long did it take for you to recieve your uniforms?

It's all good. I enjoy helping out. It took a few days actually. They say a few weeks, but people got them within 3-5 days. Make sure you try them on because if some don't fit, you have to send those back with the sizes you need for them to send you

For those wondering about school car, it's Monday to Friday. Your induction date is the Sunday before you go to TWU. Once you split into your classes (group of 10 C/R's) you will get your schedules. Every class schedule is different, and every class will go to a different yard.

Just now, AngelRC said:

For those wondering about school car, it's Monday to Friday. Your induction date is the Sunday before you go to TWU. Once you split into your classes (group of 10 C/R's) you will get your schedules. Every class schedule is different, and every class will go to a different yard.

Fell free to ask more questions as I'll do my best to help out.

Just deferred today and I'll tell you how to do it quick if you are dropping the letter off.

Don't wait on the first line, this is the first line you have to wait on at the 5th floor and you will get a number.

Go immediately to the 2nd long line because you don't need a number. 

When you get to the 2nd line desk you just hand them the 1st paper of your packet where you sign that you decline. That is it you are done. Takes 5 seconds.

I just wished I got there at around 8:30 or later and just handed it in, no reason to get there at 7:30 or earlier, waste of time. Going later like 9AM will mean that there won't be any lines at all. 

There is absolutely no reason to wait on that first line to get a number, you will just leave with the number and they will never look at it.

You can probably just cut in front of someone on the 2nd line by telling them you are just dropping off the defer paper and it takes 1 second.

5 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Hey any update as to what happen on why you didn’t receive your pre-employment letter on time?  did you get your situation resolve? Just curious because I’m in the sameness situation right now 

I just got a email last week to come in today. Then I got a letter in the mail Saturday with a application to fill out  to come in Monday (yesterday). Make sure you have originals of everything when you go in ged or h.s diploma, passport or birth certificate, driver's I.d and social security card. If they aren't originals they aren't looking at it. O and beware some of these people working behind the desk are the most miserable people by the way. You can try to be nice but they still act like a straight up bitch. Most city workers who work office gigs and have to deal with people are the worst. 

1 hour ago, N1CKR said:

Any one else received an email to go in for medical?  I'm in the 469- 480 range on the list. 

1 hour ago, adorkasherri said:

I'm in this range too, but sadly no email :( I have a feeling that class is full. 50-60 people? 😕

I've been checking my email multiple times a day since Monday but alas nothing. Im thinking the June class may be full. Which would suck because that would be perfect timing for me. It is what it is though. Im in the low 500s so you all would get it before I would. Interesting though , I did check the automated system. And for the longest it was saying I was on the outstanding certification list. But when I checked today it said I was still on the list but no longer on the outstanding certification list. I remember reading on here that means you are officially eligible for hiring whenever  they get to your number. So thats a plus 

9 hours ago, Mr Marta said:

Whats your list number?

Just took the opa last week wondering approximately  how long it will take to recieve a score and once that score is received how long before pre employment and what does pre employment consist of is it just bring in birth cert social high school diploma or what ???? 

On 5/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, mta-sha said:

Those things are impossible to get. Do you have any advice on how to successfully "win a housing lottery"?

Sorry for the late reply but you have to try being the first few people to apply that way you get a low log number. If you have a higher log number you might still have a chance but they have to go through the people who are have a lower log number first. Basically the lower your log number the faster you'll be called. Just make sure your credit is good and that you're able to explain deposits into your back account that aren't from your job.

If you need any more info let me know since I process all applications for people.