Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LIRRMedford said:

Ok got home and sure enough pre employment letter! Going in next friday too! #1030

When did you do your OPA I'm trying to give myself a timeline on how long it will take to get the pre employment since I'm taking the OPA this Tuesday coming up. And is the OPA hard because I'm getting really anxious and nervous lol.

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

When did you do your OPA I'm trying to give myself a timeline on how long it will take to get the pre employment since I'm taking the OPA this Tuesday coming up. And is the OPA hard because I'm getting really anxious and nervous lol.

October 10th

6 minutes ago, Karim188 said:

since my list number is in the 27,000 range i feel that i should probably give up on my dream of working for MTA NYCT and i will just take other city agency exams   

Or other transit exams, ya never know, I also took the T/O exam in case this one didn't move very fast

10 minutes ago, Karim188 said:

since my list number is in the 27,000 range i feel that i should probably give up on my dream of working for MTA NYCT and i will just take other city agency exams   

Apply for cleaner position. That’s easier. 

19 minutes ago, Schecter said:

If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen anyone say they failed the OPA, so maybe it's not that bad. It was tough for me cuz my memory is crap. And I still somehow managed to pass. The second part, I think they were recording you to see if you spoke clearly. So focus on that, and less on if you're giving the right answer.

12 minutes ago, adorkasherri said:

If it makes you feel better, I haven't seen anyone say they failed the OPA, so maybe it's not that bad. It was tough for me cuz my memory is crap. And I still somehow managed to pass. The second part, I think they were recording you to see if you spoke clearly. So focus on that, and less on if you're giving the right answer.

I know you cant give answers away but for the recording part do you have go repeat a sentence or is it something else

1 minute ago, Schecter said:

I know you cant give answers away but for the recording part do you have go repeat a sentence or is it something else

They play a recording and give you a packet with multiple choice questions and an answer form to fill out just like the original test.What ever you do for the multiple choice, don't turn any of the pages on the question booklet until they tell you to. I had one guy in my group get kicked out cause he went back to answer a question.

3 minutes ago, LIRRMedford said:

They play a recording and give you a packet with multiple choice questions and an answer form to fill out just like the original test.What ever you do for the multiple choice, don't turn any of the pages on the question booklet until they tell you to. I had one guy in my group get kicked out cause he went back to answer a question.

How about for the spoken part?

4 minutes ago, Schecter said:

For the second part, they'll ask you questions like "There's a man holding the doors. What do you do?" And honestly, how are we supposed to know what to do if they don't tell us or we were never trained in it. So I think you bs your way through these questions, and what they're really looking at is how quickly and clearly you respond to the question.

13 minutes ago, adorkasherri said:

For the second part, they'll ask you questions like "There's a man holding the doors. What do you do?" And honestly, how are we supposed to know what to do if they don't tell us or we were never trained in it. So I think you bs your way through these questions, and what they're really looking at is how quickly and clearly you respond to the question.

Hypothetically I'll probably say please stand clear of the closing doors idk even know what to say without it potentially sounding rude lmao