Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

13 minutes ago, Lovablepj said:

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out for you

Quick question: what did they tell you in regards to deferment of the class?

Did they tell you you need to restore your name to the list by going to DCAS? 

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Can't outline the differences but here are the brochure sheets off NYCERS:

https://www.nycers.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/986.pdf (TA)

https://www.nycers.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/995.pdf (Sanitation)

Thanks SevenEleven...I’m also comparing NYC DOC Pension with TA. Since I have already vested 12 yrs with NYCERS and in the process of making a career change this information will allow me to make the best decision. 

15 minutes ago, kellgh said:

Quick question: what did they tell you in regards to deferment of the class?

Did they tell you you need to restore your name to the list by going to DCAS? 

I asked him and he says he doesn’t think so because im only deferring it until the next class but michelle rivera vargas is supposed to contact me and let me know. 

1 minute ago, Lovablepj said:

I asked him and he says he doesn’t think so because im only deferring it until the next class but michelle rivera vargas is supposed to contact me and let me know. 

Yes, I called her and she said DONT take the medical. 

Contact DCAS and have t hem restore your name to the list.

Lmao. Why you did this. 

15 hours ago, Schecter said:

I honestly feel like we're all a big family here

Yes we are but, also I am appreciative for the Senior members in this forum who also have been in our situation. Waiting...Waiting...and Waiting. Their honest input has guided those whom never been appointed or experienced going through the hiring process of any nyc agency.  Thank so much Ladies & Gentlemen😊.

11 minutes ago, Lovablepj said:

Thanks for the updates you've been extremely helpful to all of us. I really appreciate it. 

2 hours ago, Lovablepj said:

Lmao, you go on the first line to get a ticket number then you go to the employment section on line three. They give you i believe 2 pages of paper , you sit down fill it out and wait for your number to be called. When your number is called, you hand in your paper work  and you get another small packet to fill out 🙄(includes emergency contact, w4, beneficiary etc) you are told to go sit down fill out the packet and wait for your name to be called. Once ur name is called you go to the back of the room to the medical section. Wait for ur number to be called again. Once ur name is called, you get directions to go to a computer to do two mini surveys( medical history yes or no questions) oh and more paper work. When ur finished you go back to the desk, they print out ur survey and you have to wait for the nurse to call ur name. Nurse call ur name, you do a hearing test( put on headphones listen for the sound and and click a button when u hear it). Eye exam, test for protein, blood and sugar in urine, and an ekg. They also weigh you and measure your height because if ur bmi is over a certain amount and ur neck size is over a certain about of inches, you have to go to ur doctor and do a sleep apnea test. You go back to the waiting area and wait for the doctor to call you, he goes over ur results, ask a few questions, nothing much and do muscle strength and balance test. Then he gave me a piece of paper to take back to line 3, they collect ur 21 page booklet and the other mini booklet. You wait for someone to call you, you go into a small office with them. I was told that i would be starting April 23rd and was asked if i was available. I said no, so that’s where it ended for me. I believe the next step would have been fingerprinting. Oh they asked for ur ids ( us passport, or birth certificate, along with social and state id). The end lol.

Thank you for your input. So if you pass everything they tell you right then what class you gonna be in? Thats good . How long was the whole day for you?

1 hour ago, kellgh said:

Yes, I called her and she said DONT take the medical. 

Contact DCAS and have t hem restore your name to the list.

Lmao. Why you did this. 

I was calling on Friday and monday and didn’t get an answer so i had to go in. I also asked when i got in and all they said was i had to speak to michelle. They never said don’t continue with the process. It wasn’t until i sat down in the office that the process was stopped for me.

2 hours ago, Lovablepj said:

Is Ms. Vargas one of the managers? If so do you have her number?  because the other manager (Ms.chestnut) never pick up her phone 

31 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Now I know not to defer the conductor position at all

Shit, I wish I was in a fortunate enough circumstance to defer a job like this one. I would give my left nut to be in these guys’ positions. I live check to check and I’m #16xx.

17 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Now I know not to defer the conductor position at all

Smart choice I don’t think a lot of people realize but MTA don’t wait for you and it’s not a guarantee that the next class will have  availability for you so if they give you a start date take it I get it if you in school or something but if the only thing stopping you is the  job that you currently work at then take it...trust me I know I’m speaking from first hand experience I was suppose to working with MTA right now as a B/O but was sent home my first day because I didn’t have a tie on(no big deal I thought to myself they have classes every two weeks)  I was told I will be put in the next class which is the April 16th now I’m being told that the April 16th class is full and will have to wait until further notice...

7 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Smart choice I don’t think a lot of people realize but MTA don’t wait for you and it’s not a guarantee that the next class will have  availability for you so if they give you a start date take it I get it if you in school or something but if the only thing stopping you is the  job that you currently work at then take it...trust me I know I’m speaking from first hand experience I was suppose to working with MTA right now as a B/O but was sent home my first day because I didn’t have a tie on(no big deal I thought to myself they have classes every two weeks)  I was told I will be put in the next class which is the April 16th now I’m being told that the April 16th class is full and will have to wait until further notice...

You didnt wear a tie to the interview? And they got mad holy shit

28 minutes ago, Mr Marta said:

Wait, you have to wear a tie? Didn't even know there was an interview.

25 minutes ago, Schecter said:

4 minutes ago, Bmpo7 said:

Wait, you have to wear a tie? Didn't even know there was an interview.

@Mr Marta is referring to his first day of training, where he was sent home for being out of uniform. (The no tie) The MTA definitely wants you in the proper attire on that first day, they will get mad over that.

30 minutes ago, Schecter said:

Not interview my first day of training orientation day when you go to Zerega bus facility for the first time...rule is tie is needed for short sleeve and long sleeve shirts up to may then tie only is needed for long sleeve I had a short sleeve shirt on  w/o tie before that time period