Conductor 6601 Hiring Process

whatisacup
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.f72f46e2d83ee90d9d2e075472be7ff0.png

Conductor, Exam No. 6601

List Status: This list has been established as of 2/14/2018.

Pay: Starts at $24.33 and increases to $34.75 in the sixth year of service

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified.

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (4800's) - For Medical: (Last Known - 3470's)

Next Training Class: Unknown

Resources:

(Updated January 16, 2022)

31 minutes ago, RedViper90 said:

From the looks of it, they spread pieces of paper with our names on them on the floor, then they have a midget covered in honey roll over those pieces of paper, then they have another blindfolded midget take the names off of the other midget’s body and that’s how they get our names. I’m 16xx...no OPA invite.

Sounds bout accurate 😂

• Replies 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, noekozz said:

I think so.  Being that so many people took the test and lots of us share the same score, they needed some way to organize the list # order besides our names, so they’re using the 5th digit of your SS# for your spot.  

I checked for my name in the City spreadsheet and there’s like 8 other people with the same first and last name as me.  lol.  

I read they go by who applied for the exam first as a tie breaker if people share the same score 

5 hours ago, Stru385 said:

Received my letter to take the OPA this past Friday, going in to take it on May 2nd at 1:15 and my list # is 33xx. When I emailed the exams unit on April 9th asking when I might be asked to take the OPA, they said within the next few months and I’ll be going in less than a month after emailing them so maybe that’s a good sign for anyone on the list who is not too far behind me. I wonder how long after until I get called for pre employment 🤔. That’s assuming I pass the OPA lol. Good luck to everyone else in this process

Congratulations and good luck.. please keep us updated.

hey guys!! i scored a 96.25 and my list number is in the 2400s but i been took my OPA back in November of 2017 lol November 18th to be exact and i got my OPA results stating i passed both parts at the beginning of April. I think April 3rd  of this year so i was told to just wait now for Pre-Employment. 

On 4/16/2018 at 6:35 PM, Jchambers2120 said:

They say 3-90 days but they appoint people to the position by list #. Supposedly they're up to the 200's for medical/final processing. There's no concrete answer for how long it will take since there are many factors involved. i.e how many people they intend to hire, how many turn down the position when called, etc...

Hey @LIRRMedford when you went for pre employment did they give y'all a date for when the July class will start or did they tell you guys June 3rd?

The lady only spoke about the class in April nothing about June....

On 4/16/2018 at 5:22 PM, AngelRC said:

They say between 3-90 days. If all goes well, they'll email you about 3-5 days after pre-employment to come in for final medical and the interview

So is it ok to assume that it can take more than 3-5 days up to 90 days correct??

7 hours ago, MTAhopefullMatt said:

Has the first 6601 class started yet?

Good luck to everyone waiting for medical.

The first 6601 class started Monday. We just received some of the equipment for the class and when we go to the field. Good luck to those going through OPA and pre-employment. Just make sure to pay attention to everything they say and ask for.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:29 PM, patientlywaiting said:

Darn I was hoping it was just Monday - Friday anytime and then I could just take Weekend/online classes so I can avoid deferring when they get up to me 

Schoolcar is Monday thru Friday but you will be working all the tours as you go along. With some overnight tours, you may have to report the night before. (For example, working an overnight on Monday might have you come in at 11:45pm on Sunday night)

On 4/23/2018 at 4:38 PM, noekozz said:

You’re the second person to confirm OPA notices for the 3K range.   Awesome man.  Good luck.  9K range OPA notices I’m thinking perhaps by the end of the year.   

Patience and prayer is essential. I'm also in the 9K range.  Early 2019 at most for us 9K people.