TransSee 2.0

doconnor

I developed TransSee which uses NextBus data to predictions for some parts of NY and other cities supported by NextBus.

I've been rewriting TransSee from the ground up to support more then NextBus. I've been focusing on supporting Toronto TTC via NextBus and NY MTA buses via bustime. It is still rough and lacks many of the features of the orginal but it has some interresing things that might be of interest. It shows the arrival preductions that where recently added to bustime, how far off its schedule the bus is and it generates its own predictions based on the scheduled time between where the bus is and when it will arrive at your stop.

I plan to add features to bring it up where the orginal TransSee is, add more agencies and eventually collect the data to generate my own predictions with more detail and features then is currently available.

Let me know what features you would like to see.

I'm glad to see some updates! TransSee is an invaluable tool for using while busfanning and it has helped a lot in the past.

For features I'd like to see, a "history" section would be nice, to see what route a vehicle was on on a given day, etc etc.

• 2 months later...

I've made updates to my transit prediction website TransSee. It's features include:

• Shows time based predictions for Bronx routes from BusTime and generates its own predictions based on the scheduled travel time for all routes and buses.
  • Can show multiple stops at once and optionally merge the predictions together.
  • The prediction will countdown on the webpage and refresh itself every minute (configurable in the settings)
  • Shows how far ahead or behind schedule each bus is.
  • Show the vehicle fleet number
  • Shows the gap between each bus
  • Shows the scheduled headway between bus and can show statistics for the gaps and headways for each stop.
  • Shows the stop the bus is currently closest to.
  • A map showing the location of the stop and the closest buses (configurable in the settings)
  • The distance away in metric or imperial.

Some feature need to be turned on in the settings.

Archived