Q10 no overnight artics anymore

Rafa

Looks like someone knows someone on the q10 route because they pulling the artics off the q10 at night starting next week. Word has it that the MTA got complaints that the actics are too loud and it's disturbing people along the route at night so they pulling them off after midnight.

Not as much as they should be. Even during the day the Q10 still uses a handful of 40 fters.

When the XD60s go in, hopefully night artics can return.

I would imagine that'll happen.  What I would like to see is less shifting around of buses from depot to depot.  I realize swaps are necessary, but some depots really trash their buses and then good buses are sent and also trashed, leading to a bunch of trashed buses all around.

Lol if the complaint is really about the buses being loud, it's definitely those D60s when they make that screeching sound rolling down the streets. It can be heard from two blocks down.

That's the engine fan belt screeching like that. Those D60s are notorious for that

Looks like someone knows someone on the q10 route because they pulling the artics off the q10 at night starting next week. Word has it that the MTA got complaints that the actics are too loud and it's disturbing people along the route at night so they pulling them off after midnight.

Lol they seem to be pulling artics off the Q10 all together every time I use it I am always catching a Orion VII and then another comes behind it too. I do see many D60's on the Q10 but it seems to be half and half on some days. The Q10 didn't really need artics on that route late nights anyway. At 11pm I catch Orion VII's and they are not even packed. Now the buses from Kew Gardens are packed and sometimes the bus is an Orion VII and other times it is a D60HF. I like the D60's but damn look at them carpet walls and you will really see why MTA doesn't use carpet walls and seating anymore. Them walls is black lmao. I'm sure VG8 can agree :D

Next week? Looks like it started already looking at Bustime... 4622, 4643, 4528, 4644, 3752, 3763, and 4155.

How long until that new artic order comes in again? And who would even get the brand new buses first (NYCT/MTAB)?

Next week? Looks like it started already looking at Bustime... 4622, 4643, 4528, 4644, 3752, 3763, and 4155.

How long until that new artic order comes in again? And who would even get the brand new buses first (NYCT/MTAB)?

October the earliest to JFK. And even so, I hear New Flyer delayed the XD60 order due to some sort or problem there.

That XD60 order is only for MTA bus. It is 75 buses shared between JFK first BP second and LGA third.

I am excited for their arrival because one that are brand new buses not hand me downs and two they are being put on more Queens routes that really need them.

Now if we can get artics on the Q27, Q43, Q46 and the Q88 only for the morning school trippers that will be a blessing.

after midnight the q10 isn't so busy so it shouldn't affect most people. The only problem I see is around 3:30am it starts getting busy with workers going to Jfk so I'm pretty sure a lot of Jfk workers are going to see a packed 40footer q10 whizzing past them until the artics start rolling again after 4am.

That is what he was trying to say, Cait is in agreement with him.

In general, all airport routes are busy all the time.

Thank ya.

-----------------

That Q48 and Q72 are not. They are never packed entering or exiting the airport.

-----------------

I think this will stay in effect until the XD60s arrive. It was several South Ozone Park residents that complained, and some of them have close contact with the elected officials down in South Ozone Park for the community.

I heard it was the people around Kew Gardens who complained. It was also them who were crying when the artics were introduced and took away a few of the parking spaces along lefferts blvd.

Archived