August 19th-20th 2015 Daredevill Trip via NICE/SCT

Hey, anyone want to join me for this or at least part of it? Nassau County Representative Laura Curran will ride with us for part of it. There will be a press conference at 11:30 on the first day as we walk from the bus stop at Roosevelt Field Mall to the NICE head quarters where the NICE public forums are held to showcase how dangerous that walk is. If you are only going to join for part of it, that is a good time to drop in. The event is to call attention to all the issues with the Nassau and Suffolk County buses: bad signage, inaudible announcements, often late or not showing, etc.

11781720_306791149445160_217604180132631

Members of LIBRU will be taking

I will join on 6:30 n6 Hempstead, but I'll be taking n40/41 to Mineola, then n23 to Port Washington to pick up my Vegetarian blind girl-friend Jana, then taking n23 together to either Roslyn Station for n27 Hempstead or Mineola for n22/24 Hicksville to Roosevelt Field for press conference.

I'll give my detail for my section of trip.

What are you basing the start times for the 3A and S45 on because they are wrong.

The 3A starts at 6:00 weekdays from Hauppauge, and 5:55 from Bay Shore. The first 3A run to serve SCCC-Brentwood is 7:23 (The 6:45 run from Bay Shore) and from Happauge the first run to serve SCCC-Brentwood is 7:45 (the 7:40 run from Happauge) 

The S45 starts 6:00 from Bay Shore and 6:30 from Smithtown. 

What are you basing the start times for the 3A and S45 on because they are wrong.

The 3A starts at 6:00 weekdays from Hauppauge, and 5:55 from Bay Shore. The first 3A run to serve SCCC-Brentwood is 7:23 (The 6:45 run from Bay Shore) and from Happauge the first run to serve SCCC-Brentwood is 7:45 (the 7:40 run from Happauge) 

The S45 starts 6:00 from Bay Shore and 6:30 from Smithtown. 

We getting on buses around evening, not morning.

Long Island Jobs with Justice will cover our fares for Suffolk County Transit and LIRR.

For trips, bring money for lunch or join only portion of trips.

Nassau County Legislator and Carless Free Day, Ethnical Humanist Society will be joining the press conference at Roosevelt Field Bus Terminal at 11:30 and marching to Michel Field Depot to indicate how dangerous to cross Roosevelt Field just to get to NICE Bus Public Hearing or Able-Ride hearing.

11217178_306791136111828_58056170342044311781720_306791149445160_217604180132631

If this is still error, sent email to Long Island Bus Riders Union: longisland.bru@gmail.com

Does bus drivers ever check bus wheelchair lift in the back door to make sure it is working?

Not all buses are in back door. Some low floor buses, articulated buses are usually at front.

All bus companies check buses.

For NICE Bus, sometimes wheelchair ramps or lift gets broken when wheelchair passenger uses it, then when wheelchair passengers try to exit, buses tend to get broken.

It not just NICE Bus, new buses for City of Long Beach has same issue as well. One nice driver on City of Long Beach's West Loop kindly show me ramp wasn't working.

Does bus drivers ever check bus wheelchair lift in the back door to make sure it is working?

I believe the lift or ramp (on Low Floor Buses) have to be checked when the driver pre trips the bus before they leave the yard. Sometimes a bus may go out with a broken lift/ramp and sometimes they break down while the bus is in service. (That has happened a few times with Suffolk Transit buses) 

I believe the lift or ramp (on Low Floor Buses) have to be checked when the driver pre trips the bus before they leave the yard. Sometimes a bus may go out with a broken lift/ramp and sometimes they break down while the bus is in service. (That has happened a few times with Suffolk Transit buses) 

Speaking of the lift, one time when I took M9 from Seward Park Library to Chatham Square, there was wheelchair passenger onboard and there was issue with lift, but he was able to make it work.

Archived