Hybrids on the QM15 and QM21 return!

BM5 via Woodhaven

3712 on the QM15, which for whatever reason the driver put the sign on "NOT IN SERVICE". The other hybrid, which I did not get to catch, 3568, also displayed that, since it disappeared from bustime

20857182063_48d4790a47_b.jpg2007 Orion VII Hybrid 3712 on the QM15 at Woodhaven Blvd/Eliot Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

3770 on the QM21

21290233870_78baff3779_b.jpg2007 Orion VII Hybrid 3770 on the QM21 at Eliot Avenue/ Queens Blvd by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

Enjoy these rare catches!

I can't believe people actually got on those buses

That being said in SI they put express buses on local routes and in Queens we put local buses on express routes lol

The shortage was probably caused due to the LIRR bistitution. BP has a handful of MCI's, so one missing can cause problems. The QM21 also runs every half hour, so many riders on that bus were probably headed to Rochdale Village. There was no choice but to take the bus. Some are lucky and can take the X63 or X64.

As for the QM15, you can see that not many people rode the Hybrids, since it comes more often. Some peobably waited for the following bus. They tend to place it on the QM15 more often since the QM16 and QM17 are longer, and less frequent.

nice but I have a feeling the ride isn't the best

You're right, since the hybrids are not made for highway routes in general.

That's a dang shame. $6.50 to ride a hybrid -SMH.

Lol, tell me about it.

Can't help but laugh whenever I see those running on EXP routes. 

Lol, you're lucky CP has a lot of MCI coaches. They have a decent spare ratio as well. The other depots tend to have more limited amounts. CP and SC have never used Transit buses in recent year after the decision to make all buses coaches. EC neither, and surprisingly LGA as well. The other depots in Queens (with express buses) have had their fair share of transit buses running, and other weird transfers occurring. FR and BP have poor spare ratios for coaches. I've seen Spring Creek Old MCI's on the QM15, Hybrids appearing on the 15 anytime of the week (including Saturdays), and transit buses on the QM16/QM17 as well from time to time. I wonder how the AM lineup was on these lines (yesterday). Pretty sure some transit bus was also used in the AM, but life is what it is.

I was going to say the QM21 should be moved to BP but I remember the unions are going to fight over it. I don't get why they would make a big deal over that route. Only 6-7 buses are used for the QM21 and it is not a hot route like the QM5 or even the QM15 is.

You mean the QM21 to FR? Despite Union Issues, you're prolonging DH time for no reason, when BP is a minute or two from Rochdale Village. Even with Interlines, you would still have to DH QM21 buses from the depot, since there is no express bus that runs during the 3-4 AM hour to go back to make a 6:00 or 6:30 AM trip.

Lol, you're lucky CP has a lot of MCI coaches. They have a decent spare ratio as well. The other depots tend to have more limited amounts. CP and SC have never used Transit buses in recent year after the decision to make all buses coaches. EC neither, and surprisingly LGA as well. The other depots in Queens (with express buses) have had their fair share of transit buses running, and other weird transfers occurring. FR and BP have poor spare ratios for coaches. I've seen Spring Creek Old MCI's on the QM15, Hybrids appearing on the 15 anytime of the week (including Saturdays), and transit buses on the QM16/QM17 as well from time to time. I wonder how the AM lineup was on these lines (yesterday). Pretty sure some transit bus was also used in the AM, but life is what it is.

You mean the QM21 to FR? Despite Union Issues, you're prolonging DH time for no reason, when BP is a minute or two from Rochdale Village. Even with Interlines, you would still have to DH QM21 buses from the depot, since there is no express bus that runs during the 3-4 AM hour to go back to make a 6:00 or 6:30 AM trip.

Crap I meant to say JFK. While I was writing it I was thinking about BP.

Crap I meant to say JFK. While I was writing it I was thinking about BP.

All the express buses are stored at FR to simplify things, so those coaches woupd end up going to FR and not JFK. I would rather have the QM18 going to BP over it being at FR (but union disputes would also not allow that).

Lol that is true, easy for me to laugh when it doesn't happen to me. I do recall years ago an RTS on the QM1A super express back in the Queens Surface days, but I think that RTS had suburban seating at least. And of course the Orion 5's ruled for many years, though I never remember getting one without the padded seats

Archived