Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NYC Transit Station Agent, Exam No. 6600 (NEW / UPDATE)

The multiple-choice test for this exam is scheduled to be held across multiple dates - November 21 / November 22 / December 13. All applicants should receive their admission letter by November 14, 2015. If you do not receive an admission letter by November 17, 2015, you must come to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays.

I'm waiting too, date is supposed to be 11/21, website says if you don't get it to go in person no earlier than four days which would be 11/17-21. But I'm planning on calling beforehand just in case as it gets closer.

I received my admission letter on Tuesday 11/10 and I'm scheduled to take it on Sunday 11/22. I would go to 180 Livingston if you haven't received it by now.

How was the exam? I thought the exam wasn't bad. Seemed a bit easy with some trick questions. The map questions seemed A bit hard at first. But once you can pin point the place they're asking in the question it's easy. Not hard hard but out of the whole test that's basically were I had to do some thinking. Maybe because I don't live or commute to Brooklyn at all that's why I maybe found it a bit harder than people that live here. Since the map part of the test had only the Brooklyn section of the train map.

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't hard at all, BUT I want this job,so bad and want a very high score that I took a lot of time on each question. Trying to make sure I get everything right, to the point I had to rush the map part and that can possibly mess me up. Other then that all I can do is pray I got the score I really want. Did u put your answers on the take home answer sheet? I did so I can check my answers in January when they post the answer key

Yeah I put my answers in the separate sheet. I think the map questions were easy. They were just time consuming.

In the reading part they had some trick questions which I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong. Kind of annoyed me with those trick questions.

Edited by Och0a16

I know what u mean about those trick questions. I almost got caught by one of them. The one where it explained who get to ride free. Ex cop in uniform, Army military in uniform, etc etc. I almost put down (D) all of the above. UNTIL I realized they said Military personnel in uniform not Army military personnel in uniform. Lmao! Simple things like that is how they try to trick you. Also the funny thing is that the very next question mentioned Army military personnel. That's when I new I had to slow down and take my time or I will overlook Lil trick questions like that. To the point I had to rush the map part. I did finish with 3mins to spare but I feel like I might've overlooked something in that part since I didn't have time to go over it. Oh well what's meant to be will be. I just pray we both did good enough to get a call back.

How was the exam? I thought the exam wasn't bad. Seemed a bit easy with some trick questions. The map questions seemed A bit hard at first. But once you can pin point the place they're asking in the question it's easy. Not hard hard but out of the whole test that's basically were I had to do some thinking. Maybe because I don't live or commute to Brooklyn at all that's why I maybe found it a bit harder than people that live here. Since the map part of the test had only the Brooklyn section of the train map.

I found the exam to be very easy.

I know of atleast two people who said they never received any correspondence for a test date...

If anyone scheduled for the exam  still hasn't recieved their admission letter with the time and location, just email examsunit@nyct.com and they'll tell you. You can pick up an admission letter at the door. At least that's what they told me. I got a confirmation email with the date last week but never got the letter with the time and place. Glad they were able to email the info.

Wow I forgot not everyone took the test already. They're giving another one on December 13. Don't want to give out to much info like I already did. Remember we are competing for the top spots so we can get called back. I hope tomorrows test is a Lil different due to the fact that we was able to bring home an answer sheet. Wouldn't be fair if its the same and the Dec exam takers have a edge with some of the answer. @steveb 2:15 mins. Anyway Good luck to the one's taking the exam tomorrow

Thanks! I assumed it would be 3 hours. 

I bet they'll use different questions this time around. Using the same test again only a month later would open up a massive cheating possibility. I would hope the MTA would realize that in advance.

Just, took this test today it was not to hard but not to easy at this time, mostly common sense I just want to say thank you for this site for the support. Came, on this site couple of months ago and found it on Google and glad I did. Also, glad that I can post also on it. I wish everyone the best who took the exam today as well.