Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

4 minutes ago, loulou said:

Also someone in here recently asked me how I like the job. I'll share my response with you all:

It's great, I really like it. Good pay and amazing benefits. When you are new you start out as an extra.(you basically fill in where they need coverage. if someone calls out sick, is on vacation, etc.)  Being extra you get to work different stations. The good thing about this is that when it comes time for your pick you will already have a feel of which stations you like or don't like. Busy stations can be stressful when your first starting out. Working those I consider to be our initiation lol. With a non-stop flow of customers you will learn discipline and how keep your money in order. Your also not always stuck in a booth. At times you will be doing customer service jobs, basically outside of the booth wearing your transit safety vest answering questions and giving directions. 

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask. I will answer to the best of my ability.

Do you remember how many you got incorrect on the test?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dgopes said:

Do you remember how many you got incorrect on the test?

Not even sure to be honest. I don't know where I put my copy of the answer key. The list hasn't been established yet so I won't know my score till I get it in the mail. Hearing rumors of it being established in January so I hope that's true. If you were hired from this exam in 2015 this is very important. It will turn all of us provisional hires into permanent status. 

32 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Are they training you for that customer ambassador pilot stuff or is that just the general service is jacked up because of a GO and people need help type thing that they already do?

No i was not eligible for the ambassador position. They created a 1 year pilot program which they filled 75 slots for. You had to have at least 1 year in the job already and be in good standing to apply for those positions. 

Edited by loulou
Spelling error

1 hour ago, loulou said:

Not even sure to be honest. I don't know where I put my copy of the answer key. The list hasn't been established yet so I won't know my score till I get it in the mail. Hearing rumors of it being established in January so I hope that's true. If you were hired from this exam in 2015 this is very important. It will turn all of us provisional hires into permanent status. 

Im a little worried, a few members on this forum said they had 4 incorrect and were called back. I got 4 wrong and haven’t received any correspondence from the mta. Did u have a lot of peers during your training class?

31 minutes ago, Dgopes said:

Im a little worried, a few members on this forum said they had 4 incorrect and were called back. I got 4 wrong and haven’t received any correspondence from the mta. Did u have a lot of peers during your training class?

My class only had 12 people total. I heard the class before me had 24 or so

Dgopes...RELAX.

When they hire provisionally it's not even according to the list. You'll hear from them when you hear from them. You're going to give yourself a stroke worrying about it.

Say you got called before me provisionally but you're lower on the list...and I follow a month or two later -when the list is established you're ahead when it comes to vacation accrual (especially those people who start in December...they get their 5 weeks vacation earlier because that month counts as a year) but my file number will end up higher than yours for picking jobs, etc. So therefore if someone who did worse than you gets hired provisionally - once the list is established you still end up ahead of them...so don't sweat it so much.

We're all in the same boat here - waiting to hear or get processed and chomping at the bit to do it but freaking out about people getting called before you is not going to do you a bit of good.

Edited by hmc12989

Thank loulou for the information so far any information that we can be reading up on that you would recommend that would make training a little easier.  I mean that is assuming that we get hired lol. sorry if this information was previously stated. Also is there a lot of studying during the process of training.

15 hours ago, sealtea116 said:

Thank loulou for the information so far any information that we can be reading up on that you would recommend that would make training a little easier.  I mean that is assuming that we get hired lol. sorry if this information was previously stated. Also is there a lot of studying during the process of training.

Mostly Everything you need to learn you cover in your 5 week training.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Naomi85 said:

Second week of training and let me tell yall its no joke!!! Soooooo much to learn.

Keep reading the books.  It will all come together after the observation day and the AFC training.  Looking back on it, the hardest part for us was trying to get the printer to work.

35 minutes ago, Dave2836 said:

Keep reading the books.  It will all come together after the observation day and the AFC training.  Looking back on it, the hardest part for us was trying to get the printer to work.

The manual fare report had my head hurting today LOL 

On 12/21/2017 at 9:19 PM, Naomi85 said:

The manual fare report had my head hurting today LOL 

Well you should be lucky it’s not paperwork you’d do everyday if you think it hurt your head  when I started 13 years ago, we were doing the manual fare report every single day. Once that paperwork was dropped we did the reduced fare ticket surveys everyday. Now new station Agents only do remittance reports and fill out the drop sheet. That’s super light work. When I came on board we still had pre-encoded metrocards, transit checks, and a whole other host of paperwork that’s been phased out! And if you think the current manual report is a headache, you should’ve seen the much older one before it!

On 12/26/2017 at 1:55 PM, hmc12989 said:

Anyone else who went for pre-employment on 10/30 (aside from Naomi85, lol) get called back for final?

I was at pre-employment on 10/31 and had the drug test still waiting for the email. Drug test runs out at the end of Jan does anyone know what happens if it runs out or you don't get called in the 90-day (I know for sure that I passed the drug test). I know that some other people in the forum are in the same boat as me. Anyone hear anything yet?

1 minute ago, sealtea116 said:

I was at pre-employment on 10/31 and had the drug test still waiting for the email. Drug test runs out at the end of Jan does anyone know what happens if it runs out or you don't get called in the 90-day (I know for sure that I passed the drug test). I know that some other people in the forum are in the same boat as me. Anyone hear anything yet?

Other half tells me they can send you again to go pee in the cup, which thankfully is not the all day affair pre-employment is. Hopefully we get called before that!

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW I gave them a call this morning to see if I could find out what was going on since there's 2 weeks left on the drug test I took in October.

"Hiring is on hold"

Hopefully they figure out this station ambassador stuff soon - I know that pilot is a dumpster fire in terms of getting existing station agents to participate, but damn I'd gladly do it - hope this freeze isn't long.