Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shellyvnyc said:

I went on 10/31

I was there on that day as well so hopefully I will be called as well. Just wondering if you remember your number that you got on the 31st. I was in the 200 that day. I know someone had mention the money order If I were you i would give them a call to see if you need to bring one or just get it to be on the safe side. Unless they just assume that it will be taken from your first check. But call them if they gave you a call back number doesn't hurt to ask. Congrats on the phone call and make sure you go over your paperwork one last time before you get there.

2 hours ago, sealtea116 said:

I was there on that day as well so hopefully I will be called as well. Just wondering if you remember your number that you got on the 31st. I was in the 200 that day. I know someone had mention the money order If I were you i would give them a call to see if you need to bring one or just get it to be on the safe side. Unless they just assume that it will be taken from your first check. But call them if they gave you a call back number doesn't hurt to ask. Congrats on the phone call and make sure you go over your paperwork one last time before you get there.

The number I got that day was in the 190s. I'll call tomorrow and ask about the money order. I hope everyone that's still waiting get called too, would love to start class with someone from this forum.

54 minutes ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

Finally got a call back. I hope this is final processing on wed. 

Did you also have pre employment on 10/31 and if so do you remember your ticket number. This should be final processing if all your paperwork is in order and congrats.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:09 PM, sealtea116 said:

Did you also have pre employment on 10/31 and if so do you remember your ticket number. This should be final processing if all your paperwork is in order and congrats.

Yes pre employment was 10/31 Ticket number was 194 i remember cuz i kept seeing the numbers bounce around and swore I'd miss mine. I think i have all the paperwork i need and i wont celebrate til i have a start date. Thanks!!! 

12 hours ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

Yes pre employment was 10/31 Ticket number was 194 i remember cuz i kept seeing the numbers bounce around and swore I'd miss mine. I think i have all the paperwork i need and i wont celebrate til i have a start date. Thanks!!! 

Do you remember your exam score? Or the amount you got incorrect? Thanks. 

I just got back from the MTA. It was pretty much a second drug test and that was all. They went over the paperwork I filled out the first time I was there, they made copies of my IDs and HS diploma, gave me a couple of more things to fill out and sign, and then the urine test, went back to the first person in the back again she made me fill out one more paper and that was it. Now I'm really confused!

The first drug test is about to expire - and would be no good on February 5th. I've been told that you have to actually start schoolcar with unexpired drug test results, since obviously after you're hired they can send you for a random when they want...hopefully they call you back for actual swearing in soon.

Edited by hmc12989

1 hour ago, Shellyvnyc said:

I just got back from the MTA. It was pretty much a second drug test and that was all. They went over the paperwork I filled out the first time I was there, they made copies of my IDs and HS diploma, gave me a couple of more things to fill out and sign, and then the urine test, went back to the first person in the back again she made me fill out one more paper and that was it. Now I'm really confused!

Yea me too. Its starting to get me a little discouraged. I stopped at the very first counter and asked questions before i left.  The little hyper man gave me a number and told me to call everyday starting tues to see the status of my drug test being that i was told about the February class. 

5 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

The first drug test is about to expire - and would be no good on February 5th. I've been told that you have to actually start schoolcar with unexpired drug test results, since obviously after you're hired they can send you for a random when they want...hopefully they call you back for actual swearing in soon.

Station Agent trainees don’t gonthrough school car. School car is an RTO thing. For S/A you do a five week training course. And S/A’s don’t get random drug tests, since they aren’t in a safety sensitive title. The only time they get still g test is upon being hired and if a supervisors suspects that they’re under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If they have dirty urine, they must admit themselves to a program to keep their jobs, and only then will they be placed on a random drug test schedule. Same goes for any other non-safety sensitive titles in transit. 

5 hours ago, Shellyvnyc said:

was it a full day event like the last time or did you get out early 

4 hours ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

Yea me too. Its starting to get me a little discouraged. I stopped at the very first counter and asked questions before i left.  The little hyper man gave me a number and told me to call everyday starting tues to see the status of my drug test being that i was told about the February class. 

Don’t be discouraged, this is common practice for TA in the hiring process. When I got hired in 2005, things were much different and moved along a lot quicker. But then DCAS was still administering and grading TA exams, and quite honestly they did a far superior job. I got my results for the exam within 4 or 5 months, and was hired a year and 8 months later after the exam. And once called the entire process to get hired took only two weeks. Sadly now TA grades and gives their own exams, and they can’t keep up with the demand of exams they schedule each year. Which is why they’re mostly calling people provisionally for exams as of late. Remain positive and things will workout. You’ve come this far, and they’ve contacted you twice. If they weren’t interested in hiring you, you wouldn’t have heard anything back. Or got a disqualification letter. 

• +Young+ changed the title to Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process