Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

3 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

5 according to what was on that letter. Since they're hiring provisionally I know that doesn't necessarily have to do with the order they're calling like it would if the list was established & official - but seriously you'd think they'd hurry up lol

Glad to see im not the only one that the drug test will run out on, mine is up on Jan 31. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:10 AM, chychy814 said:

Mmm that’s not true i came in a few months ago and when January came in i got a vacation day for every month i worked plus my ava’s

If your appointment date in 2018, you will NOT get any vacation until 2019.

For 2017, you will get 1 day for each ENTIRE month worked

I was in the same situation as mostly everybody here. Had to take two drug tests (one in October and the other this month) but finally received the final processing letter and went in on Thursday and got sworned in. I start Feb 5th, not really sure how they are doing the process in regards to list numbers.

23 hours ago, chicoprole said:

I was in the same situation as mostly everybody here. Had to take two drug tests (one in October and the other this month) but finally received the final processing letter and went in on Thursday and got sworned in. I start Feb 5th, not really sure how they are doing the process in regards to list numbers.

congrats on the job and good luck in the class. When did you have pre-employment mine was on oct 31 but again that doesn't really mean much because there are people on here that got called from other days so I am guessing it is some what random till the list is out.   

First and for most congrats to all new hires and good luck to the ones invited to a pre employment interview, i came down in September and i know how nerve recking the wait is after your pre employment interview i called these two numbers and left messages the Friday before the Monday i was called for my second phase ‭(347) 643-8229‬/‭(347) 643-8231‬ a bus driver gave me these hr numbers , and like i said i called Friday and left messages and Monday i got a call not sure if that’s the reason i got called so soon but maybe it could help someone ... again good luck , congrats and god bless

ps i got called back in 3weeks 

Edited by chychy814

My list number is in the mid-60s. I took 2 drug tests, one in October and the other January 17th. I asked when was the next training class. I was told February 5th. So I received an email on January 26th after 6 p.m. to report on January 29th at 9 a.m. for my conditional offer of employment. The letter stated provisional station agent starting March 12, 2018. I will see which date it is.

On 1/20/2018 at 8:10 AM, chychy814 said:

Mmm that’s not true i came in a few months ago and when January came in i got a vacation day for every month i worked plus my ava’s

That's exactly what brokecrazy mentioned. You started in a previous year, so once January " A New Year" rolled around you were eligible to accrue vacation time for each month you worked in the previous year. Also AVA's have absolutely nothing to do with vacation time. You get them for working the day before, the day of, and the day after a TA observed holiday. You could literally gain an AVA one week, and use it the very next if you liked. Vacation time is allotted depending on how much time you worked in the previous year. Right now maximum vacation allowance time is 5 weeks after 15 years of service.

9 hours ago, MTA-LADY said:

My list number is in the mid-60s. I took 2 drug tests, one in October and the other January 17th. I asked when was the next training class. I was told February 5th. So I received an email on January 26th after 6 p.m. to report on January 29th at 9 a.m. for my conditional offer of employment. The letter stated provisional station agent starting March 12, 2018. I will see which date it is.

If they stated you'll be hired for a class starting March 12th, 2018, that's exactly when you'll start. The February 5th class must've filled up before reaching your name or list number. Either way congrats, and get all your affairs in order with your current job before starting work with TA.

9 hours ago, MTA-LADY said:

Congrats hun! Im sitting on edge waiting for a call, email, smoke signal, ANYTHING! 

2 hours ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

Congrats hun! Im sitting on edge waiting for a call, email, smoke signal, ANYTHING! 

11 hours ago, MTA-LADY said:

Do you remember what you scored and the date and time you took the exam? I’ve been trying figure out how mta calls people back... some people posting on this form said they got 6 wrong and got a call back, I got 4 incorrect and took the AM exam on 12/13 and haven’t heard anything. I’m starting to think they DQ’ed me for failure to meet the hiring requirements, but I’m positive I have more than a year of customer service exp. Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone. Thank you for your kind words and I hope you will get called. I was informed that the Feb. 5th class is full. My start date is March 12th. I was hired by the MTA yesterday. Someone mentioned about having things in order. I have no tickets, arrests, convictions, etc. All I have to do is buy acceptable clothing for the dress code during training. Since I was separated from city service less than a year, I didn't have to pay the fingerprinting fee and didn't have to do fingerprints. There is no fingerprint waiver if you are on public assistance. Have your CPD-B form filled out completely. Research your I.R.S. W4 and N.Y.S. IT-2104 allowances because the MTA doesn't give the secondary papers to make the calculations. Bring a blue and black pen. Make sure you have your direct deposit information, beneficiaries for your pension with social security numbers. The secondary pack of papers the MTA gives you must not have any errors or you have to do them all over. You have someone call your name and they look at all your paperwork for accuracy. You swear in and sign an oath to uphold the Constitution as a Station Agent. After that you get your new hire packet, booklets, and training location. I took my picture for my i.d. That sums it up basically. To answer another question, I took the test December 13th in the afternoon. My list number is 66. Which is just like the exam number.

Welp...for those keeping track at home: went 10/30 for pre-employment...waited and waited, called mid-January and was told hiring was frozen. Drug test expired last week so I called AGAIN and the lady pulled my file...turns out they mis-transcribed my email, sent the offer email to an address a letter off, which never kicked back for the...December class...so as far as they were concerned I got the email and ignored it.

Thankfully the woman I spoke to is sending me down today - I have to fill out the 5pg packet again since they "filed it", (good thing I made copies) and then I'm supposed to impress upon them that I'm there for a 2nd drug test (reiterated several times so I know to beat that fact into their heads). Sounds like if this gets resolved in a timely fashion I'll be in the 3/12 class since she also brought that up.

Hopefully I'm out by 11am again. We shall see!

4 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Welp...for those keeping track at home: went 10/30 for pre-employment...waited and waited, called mid-January and was told hiring was frozen. Drug test expired last week so I called AGAIN and the lady pulled my file...turns out they mis-transcribed my email, sent the offer email to an address a letter off, which never kicked back for the...December class...so as far as they were concerned I got the email and ignored it.

Thankfully the woman I spoke to is sending me down today - I have to fill out the 5pg packet again since they "filed it", (good thing I made copies) and then I'm supposed to impress upon them that I'm there for a 2nd drug test (reiterated several times so I know to beat that fact into their heads). Sounds like if this gets resolved in a timely fashion I'll be in the 3/12 class since she also brought that up.

Congratulations, I hope u get called back for the March class.... do you know what number I can call to find out about the SSA hiring process?

7 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Wow their mistake was a huge one. Hopefully they'll fast track ur processing now. Good luck. 

FYI.... the March 12 training class is full. I had my interview for final processing today and the person who was interviewed before me took the last spot for 3/12 class. The next class is 4/16. I was the first one placed on that list. I’m thankful to have been hired, but it’s too much waiting lol. I just want to start already. But good luck to everyone who is starting the process. Seems like the agency’s main concerns are parking/moving violations and criminal history. So if you don’t have any of those issues you’re good to go. If you do, make sure everything is squared away and not in a pending status.

Bah, figures. At this point I just want to get started. Since they processed you for April already, I hope they don't leave me hanging for a couple weeks. I'm still calling them if I hear nothing by next week since they already messed it up once for me.

Today was basically a repeat of 10/30 except I was done by 10:20 which was nice. Got the stock "2-90" after checking in after finishing with the lab. There were a couple other ladies there for their 2nd pee test, and another one was in the same boat as me with a lost final processing email.

Does anyone kno exactly how long training is?

15 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Wow their mistake was a huge one. Hopefully they'll fast track ur processing now. Good luck. 

I noticed they always say “3-90” after each visit. When i was notified to do 2nd drug test, I was informed about the 2/5 class. Once it got close to the date and still no call/email, I just went in person to inquire about my placement. That’s when I was told I wouldn’t make the 2/5 class because it was already full and I should be getting a letter w/in a few days instructing me to come in for final processing for 3/12 class. So that was today, but that 3/12 class got filled right before I was interviewed so now I have to wait for 4/16 class. The training is 5 weeks long, fyi. But if you feel like too much time has passed and you have not been notified you should just go in person. Also, I was told most of the time the emails normally will end up in your bulk/junk folder so make sure you’re checking that as well. 

6 hours ago, Mspunkybrewster said:

Does anyone kno exactly how long training is?

5 weeks, Monday through Friday. Enjoy your hour long lunch breaks and weekends off while you can.

Edited by loulou
Spelling error