Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know (according to my initial pre-employment letter) my list number is literally 5...I would hope April but we shall see!

Go figure, I called yesterday to make sure the email mis-transcription didn't happen again and they had nothing to tell me :P

Edited by hmc12989

4 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

Saga continues: Another drug test Tuesday because now I'm being considered for 4/16 or 5/21 based on list number and if it ends up being 5/21 the one I took last week will be no good.

That is crazy you think they would have know that before they wasted your time and their money. I really seems as if they have no sense of what is going on. Then now they are going by list numbers but they haven't established and published the list yet .

14 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Hello everyone. Congrats on those going through the hiring process. If anyone has any answers, what exactly is the status of this exam? I have not been informed of my score nor have I seen or heard of a list being established. Could someone explain to me the status of this exam

I’m not hearing anything from station agent but I got my list # for conductor

29 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

I think they have the list but they're just sitting on it because my pre-employment letter had a list number on it.

Just curious what was you list #, if you don't mind me asking.  

By the way I forgot which test was given first 6601 (Conductor) or 6600 (Station Agent).

Guess Conductor probably was given fist that why an official list was generated? 

8 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Took my third drug test for stations yesterday...hoping to get the "we sent your final processing in November to the wrong email" saga resolved soon.

I took Stations 11/2015, Conductor was 4/2016.

Well hang in there, hopefully the light at the end of the Tunnel is coming soon for you. 

47 minutes ago, N1CKR said:

Just curious what was you list #, if you don't mind me asking.  

By the way I forgot which test was given first 6601 (Conductor) or 6600 (Station Agent).

Guess Conductor probably was given fist that why an official list was generated? 

I took my SA exam on 12/13/15 and took my conductor exam on 4/24/16. I received the official list for conductor but not a word from SA. 

Wow the hiring process sure has changed since I was hired in 2006. It literally took me a week and a half to get hired then. Took my drug test on 1/3/2006, got called for final processing and was sworn in on 1/12/2006 and started class on 1/16/2006. Back then everyone would get a call back in 2 weeks or less. This email nonsense and having to take second drug test didn't exist then. And also when DCAS administered and grade transit exams, you'd get a score and list number in like 3 to 6 months. I took the Station Agent exam in April of 2004 and was hired in January of 2006. I got ,y list number and score in September of 2004. Hopefully all you people waiting get hired sooner than later. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys and gals!

Hey I'm new to this forum so hi to everyone. I took the SA exam in Nov 2015 and I just went for my pre employment appt yesterday. It would've been tues but I was out of state and they told me to come Thursday. I gave in paper work and did my drug test and I'm worried about 2 things. One being that I couldn't give my high school diploma since my mom lost it but they told me to get an official college transcript and bring it in with the 20 page packet at my second appt when I get the call. Also I took the drug test but I take fiorcet for tension headaches which counts as a controlled substance...I don't take them often but it might show up in my urine since I took one almost 2 weeks ago...would they make me take the drug test over or bring in medical proof? 

I'm hoping I get called soon and that none of these things will hold me back. My husband is a conductor himself so I know all the benefits this job has and it could help us so much. I would be leaving school for it since its wayyy much more worth it.

28 minutes ago, Kur0n3k0 said:

Hey I'm new to this forum so hi to everyone. I took the SA exam in Nov 2015 and I just went for my pre employment appt yesterday. It would've been tues but I was out of state and they told me to come Thursday. I gave in paper work and did my drug test and I'm worried about 2 things. One being that I couldn't give my high school diploma since my mom lost it but they told me to get an official college transcript and bring it in with the 20 page packet at my second appt when I get the call. Also I took the drug test but I take fiorcet for tension headaches which counts as a controlled substance...I don't take them often but it might show up in my urine since I took one almost 2 weeks ago...would they make me take the drug test over or bring in medical proof? 

I'm hoping I get called soon and that none of these things will hold me back. My husband is a conductor himself so I know all the benefits this job has and it could help us so much. I would be leaving school for it since its wayyy much more worth it.

Just curious you were called in for a pre-employment apt for station exam 6600, is that a permanent position that they are offering or provisional? 

List hasn't been establish how are they calling people in for pre employment?  At random who ever passed the exam? 

It was provisional and for the 6600 test I took back in 2015. I never got test results so I don't know how I did on the exam I just figured I wasn't getting called back so I just left it on the back burner...so I'm not sure how they are hiring anyone or in what order they are moving in. I was just happy to be brought in for pre employment.