Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, those are good for 90 days. If they want to final process you and it's no good they'll contact you. My problem was they sent the first final processing email to the wrong address. So I went for test #2 and pre-employment again on 2/7, then they called me and said "Well, we might stick you in the May 21st class, so let's send you for another drug test so you'll be covered for that, and that's why I was back down there on 2/20

At that point even the guy at the counter was like "weren't you just here?" lol

Edited by hmc12989

Me: Initial, then it expired because they sent final processing to wrong email so I went for #2, then a week and a half later they called and said I was being considered for April or May class and my 2nd test would be no good for May class. Basically you have to have been tested, sworn in & have started class before 90 days is up or they have to test you again.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, MTA NISH said:

I’m starting training on Monday. Can anyone who just finished the Feb 5 training class give any advice? It’ll be greatly appreciated.

Just make sure you arrive on time and in proper attire. They will cover mostly everything you need to know in the 5 week training. 

On 3/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, MTA NISH said:

I’m starting training on Monday. Can anyone who just finished the Feb 5 training class give any advice? It’ll be greatly appreciated.

As was previously  mentioned be on time every single day in proper attire, listen to everything that is taught to you, and learn it to the best of your ability. You’re not going to remember every single thing taught to you in class or at all. Plenty of things you’ll only learn once working on the toad. I did 9 years as a Station Agent, and now 3 years as a Supervisor, and can answer any questions you or anyone else may have. 

Edited by WillBx718

3 minutes ago, Sank said:

When did you initially go in for pre-employment and the drug test?

Saga time:

10/30 - allegedly first elusive email was sent a week later for December class...they sent it to the wrong email

Then 2/7 for the pre-employment stuff again since at that point they had filed my initial packet and the first drug test was long expired - then 2/20 for another drug test since I was apparently being considered for "April or May depending on list number" and the drug test I took 2/7 would be no good for May - I was told that class starts 5/21, but seeing as I was told April's started 4/16 and now my final processing stuff says 4/9 - maybe May will get pushed up too?

20 minutes ago, hmc12989 said:

Saga time:

10/30 - allegedly first elusive email was sent a week later for December class...they sent it to the wrong email

Then 2/7 for the pre-employment stuff again since at that point they had filed my initial packet and the first drug test was long expired - then 2/20 for another drug test since I was apparently being considered for "April or May depending on list number" and the drug test I took 2/7 would be no good for May - I was told that class starts 5/21, but seeing as I was told April's started 4/16 and now my final processing stuff says 4/9 - maybe May will get pushed up too?

I went in only once 2/20/18 for preemployment. They said 3-90 days to hear back. It’s been almost a month. Heard nothing yet. Hopefully by end of this month. 

3 hours ago, hmc12989 said:

I'm 99% sure that's what position was listed on my pre-employment letter when I got it.

That probably explains why they haven’t established a list yet. Might not come out until they figured out what they are doing with this position. 

For those of you who are going to be Wayfinders, expect to stand the entire day.

For those of you who are going to be in the booths, expect to work extrememly busy booths.

Good luck to you all. I believe that their is high turnover in new employees due to the difficult environments involved.

On 3/16/2018 at 11:14 PM, Kidbx175 said:

Has anyone seen this new job posting on mat/careers called 'Station Agent AFC 01-F"  ?? And if you know what this is can you please explain. Thanks.

Oh wait you're talking about that thing on the actual job site? That's for people who already are station agents...from the vague job description it sounds like an office job that handles the pick.

I still stand by Station Agent AFC being listed on the pre-employment letter though lol

Edited by hmc12989

All sworn in and ready to go for 4/9!

Yeah station agent AFC is on that payroll printout with your pass number & employee ID they gave me stapled to the sheet that tells you where to go on the first few days.

Edited by hmc12989