Station Agent 6600 Hiring Process

nyjdmevo
Message added by Harry,

40px_exams_nyct.png.90c3b2bc7b2c11d53074daf6e1d457a0.png

Station Agent, Exam No. 6600

Application Deadline: July 21, 2015

List Status:  This list has been established as of

Pay: The current minimum salary is $19.4589 per hour for a 40-hour week increasing to $27.7984 in the sixth year of
service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (1600's) - For Medical: (1600's)

Next Training Class:

Resources:

Additional:

(Updated December 4, 2021)

Just an update on my visit to 180..

I took the drug test and am waiting for a call back to return the booklet. Was out before 11am, most of the floor seemed to be BO applicants.

I don't have my letter still but can confidently say that it didn't have the word temporary on it. The last sentence was a reminder that the position has a 1 year probationary period. Can a temp title have the same timeline?

Panda, do you remember if your letter mentioned a probationary period? Did yours have a list #? My letter had a list #, but the Exam # field was blank.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Vee long time no see. How's everything been? Are you still a C/R ? Any plans to move up if so?

Station Supervisor Level I

Hey whats up Will,,,, Still hanging in there. I have been a T/O for about three years now. Congrats on the supervision promotion.

Station Agent List 8011 from 2008 Extended | Civil Service Exams | thechiefleader.com

http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/station-agent-list-from-extended/article_5a06f076-190f-11e6-a934-1345c34ca95a.html

Looks like by the time they get to list 6600 it won't be much jobs left for us. They keep extending the 2008 exam. This really sucks.

Station Agent List 8011 from 2008 Extended | Civil Service Exams | thechiefleader.com

http://thechiefleader.com/news/civil_service/station-agent-list-from-extended/article_5a06f076-190f-11e6-a934-1345c34ca95a.html

Looks like by the time they get to list 6600 it won't be much jobs left for us. They keep extending the 2008 exam. This really sucks.

They'll still be jobs. There was recently a stations supervisor promotional exam, as well as other promotional exams open to station agents. So they'll be quite a few people moving on to other titles. Only reason I'd assume they extended the list is because there's still plenty of people who took that test and got hired as cleaners, and have yet to even get a chance to be called for the agents job yet.

But I can assure they've been hiring a class or two every month for a while now. I can see on the department daily notices what hirings are done everyday.

Yeah well you can't talk about unfair. Those folks had to wait four years to even get test results. They were originally told they would never get hire, especially after the 2010 lay offs of agents. Then when they did get called many had to become cleaners instead of the job they tested for. So they've really been put through the blended. Best advice I can give you is keep taking other exams and stay patient.

Will I wasn't talking about the ppl who took the test. I was referring to the MTA. Are right about that thought but even though I didn't take the 2008 exam I still had to wait years just to take it. I missed the last exam found out about it after the fact. So the longer they have to wait, the longer I have to wait lol. I'm going to be patient tho. Thanks again

Hey first time posting here. I have been trying to keep

Up with the feed. Was looking for some information on the different shifts offered for S/A. What hours do they usually run by? Also what would the training hours be like? I went to 180 last week 10/21 to start preemployment. I'm waiting on the next steps.

Up with the feed. Was looking for some information on the different shifts offered for S/A. What hours do they usually run by? Also what would the training hours be like? I went to 180 last week 10/21 to start preemployment. I'm waiting on the next steps.

Congrats on everything. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking. Firstly how many did you get wrong? or what was your score ?

Secondly, what's the fith digit of your social ? This is used to determine tie breakers as I was told. And I always get the bad end of the stick because mine is an 8. You don't have to share the exact number for secuirity reasons obviously. But can you just say if it's a high or low number ? For example, low being Less then five and high being greater than five.

I'm only asking this to hope I got the same amount wrong as you guys and I'm just ranked a little higher on the list becaus I don't know my test score and I lost my answer sheet. I felt I did really good on this exam and am a little shocked that I haven't received my letter with you guys. Thanks again.

Booth hours vary quite a bit. Some booth hours start as early as 4:30am and as late as 9:00am. But majority of booth start times range from 6-8am for the tour, 2-4pm for the pm tour and 10pm-12am for the night tour. And training while in class is 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Ok some days you may be required to report to class earlier or later. The instructors will give you a class schedule, so you'll know exactly when and where to show up for duty.

Congrats on everything. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking. Firstly how many did you get wrong? or what was your score ?

Secondly, what's the fith digit of your social ? This is used to determine tie breakers as I was told. And I always get the bad end of the stick because mine is an 8. You don't have to share the exact number for secuirity reasons obviously. But can you just say if it's a high or low number ? For example, low being Less then five and high being greater than five.

I'm only asking this to hope I got the same amount wrong as you guys and I'm just ranked a little higher on the list becaus I don't know my test score and I lost my answer sheet. I felt I did really good on this exam and am a little shocked that I haven't received my letter with you guys. Thanks again.

I got 2 wrong based on my answer sheet. My fifth digits is very very low. Lol never really heard of that though. Honestly on my letter my list number was 0.00 with no test score. I don't know how that happened and when I asked the person processing my paperwork he said don't worry about it and he would find my real list number. I'm hoping to find out about it when I get called back in

Booth hours vary quite a bit. Some booth hours start as early as 4:30am and as late as 9:00am. But majority of booth start times range from 6-8am for the tour, 2-4pm for the pm tour and 10pm-12am for the night tour. And training while in class is 8am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Ok some days you may be required to report to class earlier or later. The instructors will give you a class schedule, so you'll know exactly when and where to show up for duty.

Sorry still trying to figure out how to use this on my phone. Thanks for the info Will. About how long should it take to be called back in.

Edited by NYCTee718

I got 2 wrong based on my answer sheet. My fifth digits is very very low. Lol never really heard of that though. Honestly on my letter my list number was 0.00 with no test score. I don't know how that happened and when I asked the person processing my paperwork he said don't worry about it and he would find my real list number. I'm hoping to find out about it when I get called back in

Sorry still trying to figure out how to use this on my phone. Thanks for the info Will. About how long should it take to be called back in.

It all depends on how fast they can verify your background info, how soon they want to fill up a class, the departments budget, if your urine checks out. Too many variables to give a solid answer. When I got hired in 2006 it only took them 5 days to hire me from the day I got called for pre-employment. Some folks had to come down there several times and give urine multiple times. Hopefully you get called sooner than later. I'd give it two weeks to a month to hear something at the minimum.

Thanks Will. So I got the conditional offer today. It does still list this as a temporary station agent position as it did on the original invite to the preemployment screen. Does anyone have any information on this. I will be sure to ask when I return next Wednesday. Just want to know if Mta had made any recent changes and offers temp positions. It also states there is a one year probationary period. My thoughts are maybe they are saying temp because your not permanent until you pass probation. Maybe something happened to where they need to offer it that way.

Has the MTA finalized the answer key for 6600? If not, how are they offering positions to people who took the exam without a Final version answer key for exam 6600?

They're still hiring from the previous exam from 2008. They've extended it until August of next year.

Does any one know if the Temporary station agent position being filled is referring to a holiday type position or work for a limited time frame? Or is this position just posted as such because you need to pass probation to be considered permanent?

Does any one know if the Temporary station agent position being filled is referring to a holiday type position or work for a limited time frame? Or is this position just posted as such because you need to pass probation to be considered permanent?

No one has any idea. This is something totally new. I was a S/A 9 years and now a Supervisor for 2 years and I've never heard of a temporary S/A position. In years past they use to have part time agents. But we're talking over 20 years ago. I already suggested to the OP to go down there and question them on what this means.

Hi everyone. First post here. Just to add more info to the current pot regarding the Temporary Station Agent AFC 01-f.

Went to the pre-employment processing and noticed the paperwork labeled the position as STATION AGENT (NON-FTA). There was a check box on the sheet that indicated the type of employment and "temporary" was NOT checked, however "appr" was. Not sure if this means anything unless someone can translate what "NON-FTA" means.

If I get recalled for additional processing, I'll ask for further information regarding the position SA AFC 01-f.

Hi everyone 

Sorry for the late update regarding the process.  Well anyway went to the pre-employment screening on 9/21.  Did the drug test, and was told i'm done for the day, and wait for email.  Rec'd an email last Friday 9/28 for a conditional offer for temporary station agent and to report today 11/2 if still interested.  Went in today for an interview, I asked them about the temporary position, was told the benefits and everything is the same as the permanent position.  it's just that the list has not been finalized, and they need people at the moment.  They got our names from the passing list, so all she knows is that I passed, do not know my list number.  Once the list is established and when it reaches my number on the list the title will be changed to perm.  Well hopefully everything goes smoothly.  

So basically you're a provisional employee. Transit has been doing lots of provisional hiring lately. They've hired people into two supervisory titles on a provisional basis. Station Supervisor and ATD. I guess now they're hiring hourly employees on a provisional basis as well.

I also went in today for the final processing. Classes begin 12/12. I was given the same information as Panda.The temporary hires will turn permanent once the list is established. Mta has a need right now for Station Agents. From what I was told it must be an urgent need since they are hiring before the list has been released. The staff analyst who hired me says MTA is aware of the list and where you place but until it is public they cannot give out that information.