Novabus fun in the bronx area

MysteriousBtrain

Some of these pics aren't in the Bronx though... A few in Manhattan, etc.... Looks like you took the Bx7 to 246th and Henry Hudson Parkway in my neck of the woods in the Central Riverdale/Fieldston area, then took the Bx7 or Bx10 up to North Riverdale... :D Did you walk around the neighborhood at all?

Some of these pics aren't in the Bronx though... A few in Manhattan, etc.... Looks like you took the Bx7 to 246th and Henry Hudson Parkway in my neck of the woods in the Central Riverdale/Fieldston area, then took the Bx7 or Bx10 up to North Riverdale... :D Did you walk around the neighborhood at all?

I walked around the Bronx-Westchester border a bit before taking the 8 route to yonkers. Also, I put Bronx area because I took some pictures in the GWB terminal area.

I walked around the Bronx-Westchester border a bit before taking the 8 route to yonkers. Also, I put Bronx area because I took some pictures in the GWB terminal area.

Good God... That must've been some commute for you. lol You can actually walk from 263rd or 261st down to my area... I did it when I first was checking out the area when I was going to move there.  Good exercise. I've also walked from 256th and Riverdale Avenue back to my place.  Not a bad walk at all.  When you have time, check out Fieldston, the Estate area (west of the parkway), Wave Hill,l Central Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil.  You have some really nice views there for pics.  When I walk to Metro-North from my place, I get great scenery along Palisade Avenue.

:rock: My old neck of the wood's 263rd?. Nice flicks!

lol... You're from North Riverdale??  I'm actually not that fond of North Riverdale.  I remember when I walked around up there when I was preparing to move to Riverdale, I said to myself, where are all of splashy luxury condos and co-ops, and estates?  It wasn't until I walked south that I saw the real Riverdale that most people know of, which is where I'm at. lol  North Riverdale is more "middle class" than the upscale parts of Central Riverdale, Fieldston and Spuyten Duyvil which tend to have households earning six figures.  Truth be told I absolutely LOVE Central Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil. The views are just amazing, as are all of the English tudors and great architectural buildings scattered about.  Of course Fieldston is stunning as well with those wonderful old mansions.

Archived