Woodhaven Blvd. Q52/53 SBS Discussion

BrooklynBus

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking it'll be more like LIBRU & posting flyers in the elevator leading up to the overpass, and on the glass along the overpass itself @ Mineola station.... Not to mention on the windshields of parked cars there too... Those All Island taxi cab drivers should have caught you & your legion of misfits pulling that crap....

Seriously, can somebody translate what on earth this guy is trying to say with that last post....

I'm thinking it'll be more like LIBRU & posting flyers in the elevator leading up to the overpass, and on the glass along the overpass itself @ Mineola station.... Not to mention on the windshields of parked cars there too... Those All Island taxi cab drivers should have caught you & your legion of misfits pulling that crap....

Seriously, can somebody translate what on earth this guy is trying to say with that last post....

LOL.

I believe he's asking if the Q52 and Q53 SBS will have separate stops, because of how the machine can be configured (which is why the M16 was relabeled to the M34A, because the way things are set up, the machine can only fit a certain amount of characters where the route number goes). Although, if the M60 and Q70 are indeed sharing a stop, then there's no need to separate the Q52 and Q53 with individual machines in the first place. I don't know if "Q5253" could work, so I doubt they might even have to change anything. 

LOL.

I believe he's asking if the Q52 and Q53 SBS will have separate stops, because of how the machine can be configured (which is why the M16 was relabeled to the M34A, because the way things are set up, the machine can only fit a certain amount of characters where the route number goes). Although, if the M60 and Q70 are indeed sharing a stop, then there's no need to separate the Q52 and Q53 with individual machines in the first place. I don't know if "Q5253" could work, so I doubt they might even have to change anything.

Or they may just turn the 52 in the 53A or something like that so it'll be easier on the machines and count it internally as 1 route.

For the M34/A, all the tickets say M34...even at M34A only stops.

For the M60/Q70 in the airport, the tickets say LG00.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey BrooklynBus, have you read Street Fight by Janette Sadik-Khan? I skimmed it, and I plan on reading it. She gets into details about the fights over the PPW bike lane and the Times Square renovation, and... Select Bus Service! I would be interested to see your review of the book.

Hey BrooklynBus, have you read Street Fight by Janette Sadik-Khan? I skimmed it, and I plan on reading it. She gets into details about the fights over the PPW bike lane and the Times Square renovation, and... Select Bus Service! I would be interested to see your review of the book.

Knowing the harm Sadik-Khan did to NYC's traffic, I highly doubt her book is at all objective but just provides her rationalization through slanted data for her policies. She is the one who instituted a bike lane on Oriental Blvd in 2003 that is barely utilized without even informing the community who has opposed it ever since.

The reason for the bike lane wasn't even to help cyclists. It was to slow down traffic by removing a lane of traffic. And it's not that the community is against bike lanes. They have proposed it be moved to a safer location one block away where cyclists would not have to deal with auto and bus traffic. The current commissioner has been reviewing their suggestion now for three years without any definite response. Since it hook them ten years to study the intersection of Guider and Coney Island Avenue before making changes, we might have to wait another ten years fir them to move it.

There are 45,000 fewer cars in Manhattan today, than there were in 2010, but traffic today is much worse due to Sadik- Khan's and Trottenberg's anti car policies.

Read these articles below in the NY Post:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/02/new-york-citys-traffic-is-intentionally-horrible/

http://nypost.com/2016/12/10/this-is-the-absolute-worst-way-to-travel-in-new-york-city/

http://nypost.com/2016/12/01/nyc-is-already-tired-of-christmas-and-donald-trump/?contact-form-id=widget-text-4&contact-form-sent=10577798&_wpnonce=a316f8e238#contact-form-widget-text-4

Knowing the harm Sadik-Khan did to NYC's traffic, I highly doubt her book is at all objective but just provides her rationalization through slanted data for her policies. She is the one who instituted a bike lane on Oriental Blvd in 2003 that is barely utilized without even informing the community who has opposed it ever since.

The reason for the bike lane wasn't even to help cyclists. It was to slow down traffic by removing a lane of traffic. And it's not that the community is against bike lanes. They have proposed it be moved to a safer location one block away where cyclists would not have to deal with auto and bus traffic. The current commissioner has been reviewing their suggestion now for three years without any definite response. Since it hook them ten years to study the intersection of Guider and Coney Island Avenue before making changes, we might have to wait another ten years fir them to move it.

There are 45,000 fewer cars in Manhattan today, than there were in 2010, but traffic today is much worse due to Sadik- Khan's and Trottenberg's anti car policies.

Read these articles below in the NY Post:

http://nypost.com/2016/12/02/new-york-citys-traffic-is-intentionally-horrible/

http://nypost.com/2016/12/10/this-is-the-absolute-worst-way-to-travel-in-new-york-city/

http://nypost.com/2016/12/01/nyc-is-already-tired-of-christmas-and-donald-trump/?contact-form-id=widget-text-4&contact-form-sent=10577798&_wpnonce=a316f8e238#contact-form-widget-text-4

LMAO... A bike lane on Oriential Blvd... Now that's funny...

Archived