LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

I haven't heard anything about a may S&D overview. I just know our test is 2 weeks from today

Well good luck buddy,..are you through all the signals & def's yet? or still have some to go? Hopefully your on the review portion by now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone get an invitation to the S&D test on 5/23?  I just got an email from LIRR to that effect.  They didn't do that last time I took this in '13, I thought it was a given that you had to show for the test if you went to the overview, or is that them confirming their receipt of the quiz and good to go for the test?  

Definitions they are very wordy. The indicatons on the signals are all kind of the same

I thought so too - wasn't sure on other people's take. I have all the definitions down. I never started the signals because my rejection letter came. 

Well, after emailing Linda Oliver I get a response that says my paperwork is in the "papeework doesn't match" pile. Apparently my resume and application had a 1 month difference that i didn't notice. She tells me to correct the paperwork but they have it. Should I print a new one and mail it in. She didn't answer my last question about this. Just my f'ing luck, could've already been in the groove for S&D.

Well, after emailing Linda Oliver I get a response that says my paperwork is in the "papeework doesn't match" pile. Apparently my resume and application had a 1 month difference that i didn't notice. She tells me to correct the paperwork but they have it. Should I print a new one and mail it in. She didn't answer my last question about this. Just my f'ing luck, could've already been in the groove for S&D.

I feel your pain bro. But at least your're not out. I have been going back and forth with Linda myself and they are supposedly pulling my paperwork but this is going on for weeks now. I have a call in to a T.M. hopefully to get to the bottom of it. Maybe they'll fix it & we'll get called in together??!! Fingers crossed for you buddy!!

Here it is,..they just pulled my paperwork.

The Vocabulary portion of the test - the very 1st part. Multiple choice. Instead of writing the letter of the answer, i wrote the correct answer on the line provided. which they still passed me for on the spot. I moved on to each round. and interview, stating i passed. now someone is pulling me out of the pile saying i didnt follow directions and write down the letter of the answer. Unbelievable.

Good morning, I applied for Electric Traction Helper. I got an interview. It's been about 2 months and I haven't even got a letter in the mail or an update. Is it safe to say im still a candidate?

Lets do this guys I'm pumped for the test

good luck!

let us know how you make out!

hey all, i actually got an email for the block operator trainee open house for may 31st. anyone else going on? is there a thread for that? I havent seen any new ones.

cool - when did you apply for that? was it February? I applied for that in Feb. but i dont think im eligible for that. same department.

Congrats Fed and Dre! Good luck. How hard was it, did it come easy or nerve wracking experience

pretty easy, but that's me.  it's different for different people, and the failure rate at ours was a lot lower than usual or when I went back in '13.  back then it was like half the class failed.  this time there were only like 4 or 5.