LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little update. Last week I received a call from HR offering me a conditional job offer. Just finished all background information and patiently waiting for next steps IE medical and drug tests!!! Im so excited! guys keep the faith!

Just a little update. Last week I received a call from HR offering me a conditional job offer. Just finished all background information and patiently waiting for next steps IE medical and drug tests!!! Im so excited! guys keep the faith!

Congrats!! Good luck, for conductor trainee, right?

Dre,

She sent me horns/whistles/hand signals guide to study too. Can I ignore this as it won't be on the S/D Overview or do they quiz you at Overview?? TIA

IH,

Signals and definitions will be on the test. The horn/buzzer/hand signals we will need to know for the first day of class. He told us at the test that the more material we know when we start the easier it will be as they are just going to be piling us on with a lot of stuff and it's critical not to fall behind.

IH,

Signals and definitions will be on the test. The horn/buzzer/hand signals we will need to know for the first day of class. He told us at the test that the more material we know when we start the easier it will be as they are just going to be piling us on with a lot of stuff and it's critical not to fall behind.

Ok, thanks. But, at overview there isn't anything expected from us yet, like answering questions there on the spot about this stuff yet? Her wording in email was vague.

Ok, thanks. But, at overview there isn't anything expected from us yet, like answering questions there on the spot about this stuff yet? Her wording in email was vague.

No. They will give you the materials to study and tell you exactly what is on the test and what you need to study and how (verbatim, everything word for word in the exact way in the material). They give you the road map to succeed you just need to put in the time and effort to follow the plan and do what they tell you.

No. They will give you the materials to study and tell you exactly what is on the test and what you need to study and how (verbatim, everything word for word in the exact way in the material). They give you the road map to succeed you just need to put in the time and effort to follow the plan and do what they tell you.

Gotcha, thanks Dre.  I wasn't sure if I had to be studying the horns too now for overview.  She made it sound like you would be questioned at overview maybe on it. lol.  Whats your next step, waiting on physical exam?

Gotcha, thanks Dre. I wasn't sure if I had to be studying the horns too now for overview. She made it sound like you would be questioned at overview maybe on it. lol. Whats your next step, waiting on physical exam?

Hey man,

Dunno what the next step is, she said sometime last or this week they would be contacting and she said that she would be sending the sterling link for back check and sending conditional offer letters. I'm thinking physical would be next after back check is done? Like I said I've only made it to the entrance exam previously so I don't know what the hiring steps are, just going with the flow and waiting on them to contact.

Hey man,

Dunno what the next step is, she said sometime last or this week they would be contacting and she said that she would be sending the sterling link for back check and sending conditional offer letters. I'm thinking physical would be next after back check is done? Like I said I've only made it to the entrance exam previously so I don't know what the hiring steps are, just going with the flow and waiting on them to contact.

Yeah those are the next steps. They call to extend a conditional offer. I know you are as excited as I am at this point Dre! I am currently going through them now. waiting for my background to finish up hopefully it wont be much longer 

In my opinion, it depends on the instructor you get for training (as far as your chances of success).  Most of them are good, but there is one individual who is horrifically bad.  My class got lucky, more recent classes haven't.  

Anyway good luck, and STUDY!!  Have EVERYTHING verbatim that they gave you the first day you go to class.  Now is not the time to start slackin'.  

Yeah those are the next steps. They call to extend a conditional offer. I know you are as excited as I am at this point Dre! I am currently going through them now. waiting for my background to finish up hopefully it wont be much longer 

Hey CT,

I recall Ms. Oliver saying they were going to send out letters with the offers?  I'm just going by what I heard but if they call then that's what I'm waiting for, I  guess?  so what is it?  they call with a conditional offer then email you  the sterling link for back check then when back check is completed go for pat and physical and get start date?  again I am unfamiliar with the next steps as I've only made it to the entrance exam previously. thanks!

Yeah Dre i haven't gotten an email yet either i'd wait until the end of the week then i assume they'll send us the next steps

Hopefully, ct's time line appeared to be around 3 weeks after the entrance exam for next steps. I'm trying to be patient but its a killer.