LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys-

New to the forum, took and passed the S&D on 5/23.  Anybody else who passed that day hear back about next steps?

no, nothing yet.  they said end of last week, low and behold we're still waiting.  the timeframe looks about 3-4 weeks from previous posts.  we do have now the train horns and buzzers/hand signals to know for first day of class, so there's something to do there.  next she said would be contacting with conditional offers and sterling link for back check.  I'm actually going to the irs office next monday to get all my w2 transcripts, being proactive about it so there won't be any delays when they do call and get us going, something I'd recommend for all waiting candidates as via mail it takes about a month, if you go into a local office they can take care of it in about a half an hour when you're there.

Gotcha Dre, thanks! Just curious

That's what they did back in '13 when I went but like this thread has gone, a lot of the procedures and what they want you to study has changed since then so best thing is just to go to the overview and listen to the directions given.  no interpretation, no studying anything that you're not told to, etc...

Hey All,

Passed the S & D on 5/2, got a conditional offer and background check completed....and now we wait.  Got an email from Linda Oliver this week asking to fill out a revised page (DOT) from the initial application.  Not sure if that's a good or a bad sign.

Hey everybody! S&D Overview complete!! Now to make my cards and get cracking. So pumped. Lady teacher today said only 3 classes scheduled for this year, 2 in August and 1 in September. No more! If you do good but don't get called, they'll put you in a class this coming year. Not discouraged even though i went to a late overview just short of training. This is baby steps. Good luck people!

A few days it was a pain

Ok, good. I was feeling like damn i should be studying already but I've only had packet 24 hours. Lol. I'm possessed like you guys to do good and perform. I think writing the same indication over 6 times to make flash card is helping already. Haha