LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Hey I'm new to the forum. Just past the signals and definitions today with a high score. Again out of the 65 people that show up for the interview only about 35-40 people showed. Out of that pool 21 people including my self past. It was a huge weight off my shoulders. I got fitted for my uniform and then was interviewed by two transportation managers. I felt like I did absolutely horrible, I was nervous wreck from start to finish. But I some how summon my self to get through it. So right now I'm just waiting to see if I'll continue on.

I was one of those in that pool that passed i did horrible also but i remeber her saying its based off our scores on our test and interview grade i just hope those who dont get picked for sept get put in the next class id feel alot better.....that would be be a waste for us to pass that test then have them just say your not needed

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was one of those in that pool that passed i did horrible also but i remeber her saying its based off our scores on our test and interview grade i just hope those who dont get picked for sept get put in the next class id feel alot better.....that would be be a waste for us to pass that test then have them just say your not needed

I hope so man. You gave me a big sigh of relief that I was not the only one who bomb the interview. And I'm pretty sure more did bad too. We will just have to wait to see if we get the email by the end of week. Hopefully we'll see each other in training!

New to the forum. Took s&d aug 10th...,passed. Received an email this Wed clear medical waiting for conditional offer email but do u guys think there will be another class other than next week the 7th cause I have to give two weeks notice to my current job n it's cutting real close. Do I have to wait for the conditional letter before giving a two week notice? Congrats to all above moving to the next process

New to the forum. Took s&d aug 10th...,passed. Received an email this Wed clear medical waiting for conditional offer email but do u guys think there will be another class other than next week the 7th cause I have to give two weeks notice to my current job n it's cutting real close. Do I have to wait for the conditional letter before giving a two week notice? Congrats to all above moving to the next process

How long after u passed did they send you them email for medical ? The lady told us the next class is sept 28

As soon as i get the call or email im either quiting or goin part time im willing to do whatever to get my foot in

Edited by Member2016

Well I start orientation next week! Any of u guys who already did training any tips?

Study.  Don't stop studying.  Honestly if you don't have the extra packet they gave you verbatim yet, get off the forum and start pounding the index cards.  

Yea i emailed hr and my highschool is the only thing holding me up on my background check so i have to wait until the background check is complete.

Cool take care of that asap, she called me last Thursday and told me everything was perfect with my background check except my license was out of state, so the next day I went to the dmv and got my license change and emailed her the info. Got my the confirmation from her this morning. Now just patiently on the scheduling of the medical.

Edited by LIRR upscale

Cool take care of that asap, she called me last Thursday and told me everything was perfect with my background check except my license was out of state, so the next day I went to the dmv and got my license change and emailed her the info. Got my the confirmation from her this morning. Now just patiently on the scheduling of the medical.

Congrats.....I took care of it as soon as she told me im just waiting for the background check place to verity it

For those that started last week, how is it?

Hey bp98 although I'm not in last weeks class I will be in September 28 class. Just gotta take the medical this week and I should be good. Since you graduate how was the first month like, does it get a little easier towards the end. Also how is the job it's self so far?

Hey bp98 although I'm not in last weeks class I will be in September 28 class. Just gotta take the medical this week and I should be good. Since you graduate how was the first month like, does it get a little easier towards the end. Also how is the job it's self so far?

Like i said previously: 

"Don't expect to have a life, don't expect to sleep regularly, make sure you have a reliable source of transportation, and make sure you have a reliable phone. Do what you're told, be where you're supposed to be, and don't complain. That's it, really"

Also when you are in class, STUDY!!.  You don't want to be the guy who washes out during the book of rules class.  Once you get past that, everything else in comparison is much easier.