LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

Like i said previously: 

"Don't expect to have a life, don't expect to sleep regularly, make sure you have a reliable source of transportation, and make sure you have a reliable phone. Do what you're told, be where you're supposed to be, and don't complain. That's it, really"

Also when you are in class, STUDY!!.  You don't want to be the guy who washes out during the book of rules class.  Once you get past that, everything else in comparison is much easier.

Once you qualify , then everything else is easy. But thats down the road.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you get schedule for medical yet?

Mannnnnn for some reason everyday im missing paper work i spoke to her today she said my backcheck is missing info but the background check place said it was complete.. i sent the info i just wanna get this over with so i can know for sure im in so i can tell my current job for partime or quit

Mannnnnn for some reason everyday im missing paper work i spoke to her today she said my backcheck is missing info but the background check place said it was complete.. i sent the info i just wanna get this over with so i can know for sure im in so i can tell my current job for partime or quit

Damn that sucks, well hopefully everything works out and we'll see each other in class on the 28th.

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted my background check on friday. About how long does it take for everything to be verified? I'm a little worried about one job because the building closed down and the phone number probably won't work. However, I was able to get a supervisors email to put down. How exactly do they even verify these things?

I submitted my background check on friday. About how long does it take for everything to be verified? I'm a little worried about one job because the building closed down and the phone number probably won't work. However, I was able to get a supervisors email to put down. How exactly do they even verify these things?

Mines took about 2 weeks only because my hs was not returning their phone calls i also had a job that closed down i just put the information and they never had a problem just make sure everything you put is exactly the same thats on your resume because that will hold you up if not .

Edited by Member2016

I'm on day 3 of the background check sitting at 2/6 searches completed. My boss said he hasn't been contacted yet. I wonder if they try a different way of verifying jobs first. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Edited by Jak1234

I'm on day 3 of the background check sitting at 2/6 searches completed. My boss said he hasn't been contacted yet. I wonder if they try a different way of verifying jobs first. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I was the same way just anxious to find out if everything was good emailing everday....if you have a good background and job record you are good to go just be

patient.

My class started last week

My background check was completed today. One of my jobs I had to provide a W2 form for and I just checked the results and that job came up as "consider" not clear. Not sure why this happened or if it's going to prevent me from going further.