Two men broke into an R train cockpit and pretended to be ISIS

Tomtoon

post-5097-0-57027100-1454682397_thumb.jpg
In an apparent prank, two Manhattan subway riders broke into the conductor's booth and identified themselves over the public address system as members of ISIS intent on hijacking the train, police sources said. The suspects, however, got off the train at the next stop late Thursday night and ran away. The incident happened shortly before 11 p.m. aboard the southbound (R) train between the 23rd Street and Union Square stations. "They said something to effect, "This is ISIS — We are hijacking the train," a source said. But when the train arrived at Union Square the suspects fled. The train was taken out of service and moved to the Jamaica Yards in Queens, where investigators were dusting for fingerprints and looking for any other evidence.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-57027100-1454682397_thumb.jpg

They broke into a plane?  ;)

Seriously though, I hope they find these dumbasses. I'm getting tired of hearing about these idiots breaking into train cabs for shits and giggles.

This is the first I've ever heard of such an incident, so where are all of these stories that you're hearing about?? 

You don't remember the Conquestors? That C train incident, the R32 R and them turning on a R42 layed up at 111th on the (J) and countless others...

I do, and I hope that they will learn their lesson the hard way... 

You don't remember the Conquestors? That C train incident, the R32 R and them turning on a R42 layed up at 111th on the  (J) and countless others...

Nope... I honestly don't.  I'm curious as to how they broke in so easily though?  I took a quick train ride to and from Whole Foods and checked out the police presence.  Saw quite a few cops walking on the platforms, but only a few of them looked to be actively watching people.  The others were simply chatting away, completely oblivious to their surroundings.  A waste of resources if that's all they're going to do.

They broke into a plane?  ;)

Seriously though, I hope they find these dumbasses. I'm getting tired of hearing about these idiots breaking into train cabs for shits and giggles.

I meant cab, don't know why I said cockpit haha. My original post has been edited though?

• 1 month later...

You don't remember the Conquestors? That C train incident, the R32 R and them turning on a R42 layed up at 111th on the (J) and countless others...

The same ones responsible for the explosion at 14th St & 6th Ave IIRC and that "Surfing" stuff that happened in either 2012 or 2013. Some people just don't learn. This is why we transit ethusiast are being watched carefully whenever we take pics of any transportation vehicles in NYC & in Washington DC area, even though they like us.

The same ones responsible for the explosion at 14th St & 6th Ave IIRC and that "Surfing" stuff that happened in either 2012 or 2013. Some people just don't learn. This is why we transit ethusiast are being watched carefully whenever we take pics of any transportation vehicles in NYC & in Washington DC area, even though they like us.

2 totally different people here. The person in question responsible for this had nothing to do with the explosion at Nostrand.

...still guilty nonetheless

Archived