Train Electronic Stop teller glitched

Hello, I found something strange in one of the train cars.

n5scqh.jpg

The electronic stop teller is glitched. On all of the stops without transfers, it un purposely showed (2)(3)(4)(5)(B)(D)(Q)(R)(LIRR), making some commuters think that nonsense display can exist. But we are realizing that of course these train lines cannot follow the (Q) like that!

Therefore the electronic stop strip shall be repaired.

This incident is at car number 8973, operating (Q).

I found that several times on the (Q) train towards Brooklyn

True, just the train operator should try to solve the problem, get those unusual transfer out of the electronic map strip. This might somewhat affect MTA's business, mostly in the night. Drunken commuters might think that these trains occur, and we scared that most drunken will walk around the station and keep asking the same question which might distract MTA workers.

The driver can't do anything about the information that is loaded up on the system - the wrong transfers have to be removed by actually altering the sign coding, something which can't be done from the train's cab.

Fair enough, tell all the commuters by signs, post them around the train cars that there are not the right transfers except Atlantic Barclay Center. We hope this will drain the expected commotion.

here the video that proves it

Hmm... that is a train fleet that i took to Lexington Avenue 59 Street from Dekalb Av. That time i was at conductors car. That means it is not operaters fault. Maybe it is a whole train then. So, that one should stop operating, and drive another one, make sure the driver inspect the train before use for incoming customers, when one of the driver or conductor is free.

That is similar to OSHA rule, when using any equipment, always inspect first, make sure it is in good shape prior to usage, once per time. I learned that in my school.

Since it's an issue of sign coding, it's very likely that more than one train in the system has this issue. If the crews rejected every train with this error, then they probably wouldn't be able to make service. Beyond reporting it to the appropriate staff, there's not much the driver can do. And a wrong sign display doesn't  mean the equipment is in bad shape.

Archived