75 State-of-the-Art MTA Buses To Hit the Streets in Queens

SevenEleven

post-6570-0-71952000-1463520324_thumb.jpg
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the arrival of the first of 75 new buses that are being deployed into service this year as part of a concentrated effort to address overcrowding and modernize the MTA. In March, the Governor announced the addition of 2,042 buses, equipped with Wi-Fi and USB charging ports, to the MTA fleet over the next five years, replacing 40 percent of the current fleet. The new buses will start hitting the streets today, with seven buses going into immediate service. The remaining buses will be delivered at a rate of 4-5 per day, with all 75 arriving this summer and operating in Richmond Hill, South Jamaica, South Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Rosedale and Far Rockaway.

Read More: Source

post-6570-0-71952000-1463520324_thumb.jpg

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the arrival of the first of 75 new buses that are being deployed into service this year as part of a concentrated effort to address overcrowding and modernize the MTA.

In March, the Governor announced the addition of 2,042 buses, equipped with Wi-Fi and USB charging ports, to the MTA fleet over the next five years, replacing 40 percent of the current fleet. The new buses will start hitting the streets today, with seven buses going into immediate service. The remaining buses will be delivered at a rate of 4-5 per day, with all 75 arriving this summer and operating in Richmond Hill, South Jamaica, South Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Rosedale and Far Rockaway.

Read More: Source

Beat ya to the punch :P  (check the fleet and depots thread)

In all seriousness, This is good news. I can't wait to check these out and I hope the option buses from the XD40 order come with these features too.

There is a video that is shown in the source if anyone is interested.

Based on the video, 7 buses are on the street now, then 13 more by Thursday, then delivery of 4-5 per day. I would say by Friday all the "storage" buses should be out on the Q10 and Q111/13/14.

Most of the buses are already here but without the colorful wrap. I wouldn't be surprised if 4-5 buses cam be wrapped in a day.

Yes, I know many have already been delivered, but...   oops I forgot, this is a press release. Maybe I was looking too literally.... :lol:

Beat ya to the punch :P  (check the fleet and depots thread)

In all seriousness, This is good news. I can't wait to check these out and I hope the option buses from the XD40 order come with these features too.

I saw your post in that thread, which prompted me to make this one, for the front page.

Shouldn't that be 4-5 per week?? A full bus cannot be constructed in one day...

Most of the buses are already here but without the colorful wrap. I wouldn't be surprised if 4-5 buses cam be wrapped in a day.

A lot more buses other than the ones that we've seen already, are wrapped and ready to go. I've seen as high as 5404 wrapped. In Addition, you have to factor in the buses already completed / en route from New Flyer.

BP had1 out on the morning rush today on the Q111

The farebox wasn't programmed and it was taken out of service once it got to Hillside

Great!? But does anyone know if the extended the bus stops for the aritcs along the q111/113/114 routes?

or they didn't think that far yet?

I would hate to see three artics show up all at once and no space to drop/pickup passengers without blocking traffic... 

Great!? But does anyone know if the extended the bus stops for the aritcs along the q111/113/114 routes?

I would hate to see three artics show up all at once and no space to drop/pickup passengers without blocking traffic...

They've been extended for years now... Each bus stop on Guy R Brewer can fit 2 40footers with no problem...

They've been extended for years now... Each bus stop on Guy R Brewer can fit 2 40footers with no problem...

I didn't realize i know that already until you mention it... <_<  but two artics don't equal two standards and the reason I ask is they always wait for something to be broken before they address the issue best example is the artics on the q10... but thanks for your input

Archived