The First of Many...

My computer is really slow so most of them still haven't been uploaded.

lol... Time for an upgrade.  Just got a new computer for my office with Windows 10 on Friday :D and I need to upgrade my laptop at home as well. From the looks of it, you have a pretty decent camera.  

lol... Time for an upgrade.  Just got a new computer for my office with Windows 10 on Friday :D and I need to upgrade my laptop at home as well. From the looks of it, you have a pretty decent camera.  

Yeah. Its a Fujifilm FinePix. Only issue is all my pics automatically become 3072 by 2304, which my old computer can barely handle. But I'll be getting a new computer soon.

Yeah. Its a Fujifilm FinePix. Only issue is all my pics automatically become 3072 by 2304, which my old computer can barely handle. But I'll be getting a new computer soon.

My first camera was also a Fujifilm (made in Japan at the time), and I enjoyed using it when I lived back in Europe and traveled about.  As for the computer, I've only been using Windows 10 since Friday, but I think it's the best operating system since Windows XP.  The conversion process has been painless and I like the design and functionality of it.  The OS runs great, and the PC is so small and quiet that it's hard to believe that I'm using a desktop.  I hated having to upgrade to Windows 7 at home and wasted a good chunk of a change on a laptop and new software.  I can't wait to replace it with Windows 10. 

You can clone your camera SD card directly onto your hard drive, and then open each picture individually instead of Windows importing picture by picture (which takes longer).  Create a partition, clone the card.  Use your picture editor to open each picture, resize, and save for upload.  You can also re-use the partition by backing up and compressing what you previously loaded onto your regular hard drive, or you could cloud-it.  As long as you have a card-reader (either built-in or a USB one), you can do this.  Easy, free program here.

Back in the "old days" of Win95 and 98, cloning via bi-directional parallel cables to a partition was a whole lot faster than installing programs on individual drives one at a time.  OS on one part, clone on another.  Plus backups were actually faster if you cloned a whole drive to another.  (Non-server environment, for those IT folks reading.)

Archived