Orange (Q) Map

iGeMiNix

Since the SAS (Q) maps edits are out. Just wanted to post something I found recently which is a March 2001 map when the 6th Avenue (Q) existed and 6th Avenue express tracks were packed with 3 lines. This is just the (Q) line of the map posted. Sorry about the markings lol. Younger me liked to write on maps.

Higher resolution pictures on imgur. 

https://imgur.com/a/DqvF5

Kw52oJbl.jpg

VsbgqyQl.jpg

crPp9uAl.jpg

DBPmwRMl.jpg

6C8DTrAl.jpg

Yeah it's a shame its the only old map that was kept lol. I used to stockpile a bunch of maps when I was younger and they all got thrown out over the years. Most of the map is relatively the same as current lines but if people want to see the rest of the map, I can try to take more pictures of it. 

Why did 6th Avenue have three express lines ? That seems a bit excessive.

It's the same when Broadway had (Q)<Q>(W) running express when the north side of the bridge was closed or before that yellow (B)(D)(Q). There is no where else to put the lines that wouldn't cause a huge headache with the switches.

Just wanted to post something I found recently which is a March 2001 map when the 6th Avenue (Q) existed and 6th Avenue express tracks were packed with 3 lines. This is just the (Q) line of the map posted.

It's the same when Broadway had (Q)<Q>(W) running express when the north side of the bridge was closed

These are great examples of why we need 'emoticons' for those bullets:

75px-Q_Train_%281988-2001%29.svg.png75px-NYCS-bull-trans-Qd.svg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Why did 6th Avenue have three express lines ? That seems a bit excessive.

Well the 20px-Q_Train_%281988-2001%29.svg.png was express in Brooklyn. Diverting over to the local after W 4 St would been pointless and probably would backed up (B)(D) running behind it. 

It's the same when Broadway had (Q)<Q>(W) running express when the north side of the bridge was closed or before that yellow (B)(D)(Q). There is no where else to put the lines that wouldn't cause a huge headache with the switches.

(W) could of went local after Canal St. Similar to the (B)(D)20px-Q_Train_%281988-2001%29.svg.png situation at West 4 St. (W) diverting to local would backed up (N)(R)

All this talk makes me wonder if the (Q) will become local in Manhattan when it comes to second avenue and if the (W) will return to being express or will it become the replacement for the (N) local in Manhattan. 

Also, I am starting to see inklings of the (Q) at the Lexington-63rd Station. Its becoming a reality that the SAS is fast approaching!!!!!!!

All this talk makes me wonder if the (Q) will become local in Manhattan when it comes to second avenue and if the (W) will return to being express or will it become the replacement for the (N) local in Manhattan. 

Also, I am starting to see inklings of the (Q) at the Lexington-63rd Station. Its becoming a reality that the SAS is fast approaching!!!!!!!

(Q) is going to run express with the (N) on weekdays. (W) will run local. 2 Av is really not going to open until possibly April 2017. 

Archived