Liberty Lines is Hiring Bus operators

Liberty lines transit based out of the Yonkers NY garage is currently looking for drivers.

Requirements:

CDL B with Air brakes and passenger endorsements, or a permit with endorsements.

Clean drivers record i mean nothing at all or they will not even bother with you.

21 years of age or older.

If Selected the training process is about 2 months of paid training at the rate of 15$ an hour intill the end of training.

After you pass the training course you are put on a cushioning period which is when you are on different route each day with a driver learning the routes for a full month or intill you are ready to go out on you're own.

After your first day on your own you will be bumped up to 23.47$ an hour and after three years you will be at top rate of 37.47$ an hour. Probation is exactly one Year.

One thing from me lets say you are in cushioning period you are still being paid 15$ an hour during this time. Now if you do have the chance to do a run on your own during the cushioning period do it you will be bumped up to the next rate which is 23.47$ an hour and will stay at that even when you go back to continue the cushioning period. So it works in your favor.

If you have any other questions just drop me a PM.

Liberty lines transit based out of the Yonkers NY garage is currently looking for drivers.

Requirements:

CDL B with Air brakes and passenger endorsements, or a permit with endorsements.

Clean drivers record i mean nothing at all or they will not even bother with you.

21 years of age or older.

If Selected the training process is about 2 months of paid training at the rate of 15$ an hour intill the end of training.

After you pass the training course you are put on a cushioning period which is when you are on different route each day with a driver learning the routes for a full month or intill you are ready to go out on you're own.

After your first day on your own you will be bumped up to 23.47$ an hour and after three years you will be at top rate of 37.47$ an hour. Probation is exactly one Year.

One thing from me lets say you are in cushioning period you are still being paid 15$ an hour during this time. Now if you do have the chance to do a run on your own during the cushioning period do it you will be bumped up to the next rate which is 23.47$ an hour and will stay at that even when you go back to continue the cushioning period. So it works in your favor.

If you have any other questions just drop me a PM.

Thanks for posting! Let me know if you need any help (as far as this thread/topic is concerned).

Offhand, after probation, what are the benefits like? How about a Union?

Benefits are excellent. Dental,Vison,prescription, our medical insurance recently was switched to a better provider il get a name for that later.

After the end of you're third month of service your benefits will kick in. After a full year of service which is your probationary period. You will be able to join the local 100 TWU. If you don't Join you retirement age is 62 if you do join it is 59. To be able to get your full retirement package.

Also they provide a great pension and 401k they don't match what ever you put into your 401k. But for the pension it is like this, every week out of your pay they take 42$ towards the pension fund and the company matchs it with 280$ towards the fund.

If you do get selected all this will be explained to you in GREAT DETAIL in you're first day as its complete classroom work the first day paperwork and all.

Edited by Articulated450

I applied for that company for the last 3 years every time I call same lady gives me the run around I'm hoping they pick me up before MTA mabstoa does I'm currently working for beeline paratransit

Edited by Dennis88

I applied for that company for the last 3 years every time I call same lady gives me the run around I'm hoping they pick me up before MTA mabstoa does I'm currently working for beeline paratransit

Don't bother calling it does no good at all. It's a waiting game. A class is about to finish this week. And another one is on its 3rd week of training as we speak. So they should be calling more people pretty soon. In the next year or so 40+ drivers are expected to retire so they are trying to fill the void that will come soon.

Benefits are excellent. Dental,Vison,prescription, our medical insurance recently was switched to a better provider il get a name for that later.

After the end of you're third month of service your benefits will kick in. After a full year of service which is your probationary period. You will be able to join the local 100 TWU. If you don't Join you retirement age is 62 if you do join it is 59. To be able to get your full retirement package.

Also they provide a great pension and 401k they don't match what ever you put into your 401k. But for the pension it is like this, every week out of your pay they take 42$ towards the pension fund and the company matchs it with 280$ towards the fund.

If you do get selected all this will be explained to you in GREAT DETAIL in you're first day as its complete classroom work the first day paperwork and all.

Also pay after 3 years has gone from 33.47$ to 37.47$. As of the new contract agreement.

Edited by Articulated450

• 1 month later...

Hey there I want to ask you a question about the boss exam pre employment test what questions do they ask is it similar to the general knowledge test how quick do they grade the test and if you fail the test can you take it over im asking cause a family member of mind was schedule to take the exam I was looking for a little heads up thanks a lot!

• 4 weeks later...

How many interviews are there I thought there were only one exam and then after you pass if you pass they call you for a interview or is there more ?

There is one interview, After you take the exam and hopefully pass they usually give the interview the same day or within that weeks period. If you are still waiting for a responce give the HR department a call and ask about you status. If you need the HR # drop me a pm and ill give it to you. Sorry im not on here alot. Life calls.....

To my undeestanding there a class in motion as we speak do u know how soon will they be calling the next batch of applications been hearing so much about this boss exam if I was called how should I go about taking the exam what should I watch out for and what should I expect on the exam

• 1 month later...

Hey, I don't know how to directly contact you, I was looking for more information on how the company is compared to mta, I work for transit now as a B.O, but I always wanted to work closer to home. Any information would be useful thanks =]

drop me a pm ill fill you in and give you some advice as well.

Hey would you know what the exam consist of?? and is there anything to use to study before taking the exam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo I went in and they give you the boss survey it pretty much just asks you questions ok how you feel about certain questions

Do you think you can be a little more specific on the questions they asked you when you took the exam? Anything will help thank you!

went on the website today and filled out the application but its not going thru

You need to go in person to 475 saw mill river road, Yonkers, ny. Pick up a paper application and fill it out. They will ask for a 30 day driving abstract from the DMV which you can get online at home for a fee. They do not use the online application and if they do they make you come down in person to fill it out in writing.

Hey took the test does anybody know if they tell you that you pass on the spot or do they tell you by mail or a phone call.

When did you submit your application for Bee Line?

You need to go in person to 475 saw mill river road, Yonkers, ny. Pick up a paper application and fill it out. They will ask for a 30 day driving abstract from the DMV which you can get online at home for a fee. They do not use the online application and if they do they make you come down in person to fill it out in writing.

thanks a lot i appreciate