Liberty Lines is Hiring Bus operators

What's up guys. Anyone know if Liberty Lines is still hiring? I live in Yonkers and know of the company very well. whenever they have job openings I know it's a scramble to get an application in. I am considering getting my CDL B with the endorsements to apply but I have no idea if I should if they already have filled up their driver quota.

• 1 year later...

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

I asked them twice and they said do, I don't think they got that right. I told them I was 19 with a permit and they said that was fine.

No way that is possible they wont hire you intill you are at least 21 or older.  And the 10 years of exp is bullshit that is not true at all. Ive seen people get hired that drove nothing but a van before. Period they are not gonna hire you at 19 way to young right now. Trust me ive been with liberty lines for 25 years now i know.

• Harry featured this topic

Hi Everyone,

I was called in to take the BOSS exam and passed. Now I'm scheduled for an interview in a few weeks. I was told its 2 hours long. What questions can I  expect to be asked  and why 2 hours? Is it a group interview?  I appreciate any information. I want to be prepared for the interview.

Also, what is the salary of a new driver?

Thanks!

When they sit you down they will just explain to you what they expect of you and how training will work. They will ask about your previous employment if it was in a driving capacity. How familiar you are with westchester county and such. They will give you examples of the type of work you will see when you go out on your own for the first time later down the road when you pass through training.  Also  they will explain the safe driving awards and payouts for being a safe driver for a certain period of time.They will also discuss the extra list just in case all work is taken during the pick process and theres nothing left for you. Starting rate is 15$ an hour during the training process. once you complete training you will go on ride alongs with other drivers to get yourself familiar with the routes thats about 2 months it can be shorter if you learn quick and ask to be put out on your own sooner. Once you go out on your own for the first time you will be bumped up to your next rate which is 23$ or 24$ and hour. Then after that its every year.  No group interviews. 2 hours is just an estimate shouldn't take that long. its been a long time for me so i really dont know what else they may ask you. Just show that you are going to be committed to this job if you get it and you'll be fine.

• 3 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, Articulated450 said:

usually after the interview, and if they see you as possible new hire they will sit you down so you can take the BOSS exam at the Hr office located at 475. After that its a vist to the on site Doctor for the exam and drug tests.

I have to take another test? I went to 475 & took the 75 question test & they gave me a date for my interview. So I’m guessing like you said after the interview I do my drug test. ( is there a better way I can reach u with quick responses?)

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

I have to take another test? I went to 475 & took the 75 question test & they gave me a date for my interview. So I’m guessing like you said after the interview I do my drug test. ( is there a better way I can reach u with quick responses?)

You could pm me for more info, the test you've taken most likely was the BOSS exam and since you've passed they are granting you the interview which is a step in the right direction. After the interview should be the the drug exam. The process has change from what it was when i as first hired 24 years ago.

Edited by Articulated450

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2016 at 7:04 PM, Articulated450 said:

Liberty lines transit based out of the Yonkers NY garage is currently looking for drivers.

Requirements:

CDL B with Air brakes and passenger endorsements, or a permit with endorsements.

Clean drivers record i mean nothing at all or they will not even bother with you.

21 years of age or older.

If Selected the training process is about 2 months of paid training at the rate of 15$ an hour intill the end of training.

After you pass the training course you are put on a cushioning period which is when you are on different route each day with a driver learning the routes for a full month or intill you are ready to go out on you're own.

After your first day on your own you will be bumped up to 23.47$ an hour and after three years you will be at top rate of 37.47$ an hour. Probation is exactly one Year.

One thing from me lets say you are in cushioning period you are still being paid 15$ an hour during this time. Now if you do have the chance to do a run on your own during the cushioning period do it you will be bumped up to the next rate which is 23.47$ an hour and will stay at that even when you go back to continue the cushioning period. So it works in your favor.

If you have any other questions just drop me a PM.

Hello can you give me the updated training pay please ?

On 5/28/2016 at 7:04 PM, Articulated450 said:

Liberty lines transit based out of the Yonkers NY garage is currently looking for drivers.

Requirements:

CDL B with Air brakes and passenger endorsements, or a permit with endorsements.

Clean drivers record i mean nothing at all or they will not even bother with you.

21 years of age or older.

If Selected the training process is about 2 months of paid training at the rate of 15$ an hour intill the end of training.

After you pass the training course you are put on a cushioning period which is when you are on different route each day with a driver learning the routes for a full month or intill you are ready to go out on you're own.

After your first day on your own you will be bumped up to 23.47$ an hour and after three years you will be at top rate of 37.47$ an hour. Probation is exactly one Year.

One thing from me lets say you are in cushioning period you are still being paid 15$ an hour during this time. Now if you do have the chance to do a run on your own during the cushioning period do it you will be bumped up to the next rate which is 23.47$ an hour and will stay at that even when you go back to continue the cushioning period. So it works in your favor.

If you have any other questions just drop me a PM.

Hello can you please tell me the current training pay and the pay after please they wont say and I passed their boss exam and have an interview soon .

20 hours ago, jranderson65 said:

Hello can you please tell me the current training pay and the pay after please they wont say and I passed their boss exam and have an interview soon .

15$ an hour during training, 23$ an hour first time on your own. its in the description in the post if you read it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Harry unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...