RARE: 4420 on the Bx42 on a SUNDAY!

Train92

From what I've seen Gun Hill puts whatever they have available out. I've seen Bx39 buses with 40 footers when they clearly should've had artics on it. I don't know why but for areas where the subway runs above the Bx39 those people all take the bus. Either the (2) runs that poorly, the Bx39 runs that well or both.

From what I've seen Gun Hill puts whatever they have available out. I've seen Bx39 buses with 40 footers when they clearly should've had artics on it. I don't know why but for areas where the subway runs above the Bx39 those people all take the bus. Either the (2) runs that poorly, the Bx39 runs that well or both.

I find (particularly with the (R) /B63) that the bus that parallels a subway is often used for intermediate trips while the subway is used towards Manhattan.

The B25 is the same way... runs right above the (A) / (C) lines but has great ridership.... you would think it would be a bare bones route with 20 to 30 minute headways that only seniors rides... but that's not the case. IMO I think with these routes that parallel subway lines people just don't wanna walk up the stairs to and from the train stations  :lol:

I find (particularly with the (R) /B63) that the bus that parallels a subway is often used for intermediate trips while the subway is used towards Manhattan.

The B25 is the same way... runs right above the (A) / (C) lines but has great ridership.... you would think it would be a bare bones route with 20 to 30 minute headways that only seniors rides... but that's not the case. IMO I think with these routes that parallel subway lines people just don't wanna walk up the stairs to and from the train stations :lol:

It could be the stairs, and quite frankly I don't blame them. Doing that every day gets to be tiring. As you get older and have to work long hours in the office you'll understand. The (R) stations in Bay Ridge have so many damn stairs and the Gun Hill station on the (2) line is another one. It's like the stairway to heaven. Oddly enough when I've used the station it has been going down the stairs and even then I find it annoying.

Archived