ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please folks, read the Notice of Examination carefully:

You MUST have your driver license and your one year work experience accounted for by December 27, 2016.

Don't lie to them, they will find out.

What a big bummer, I don't have a driver license and there's no way I will be able to get one within 2 weeks. Been waiting for this test for the past year and half. It's sad that I'll have to wait another 6-7 years for the next open exam :(((

What a big bummer, I don't have a driver license and there's no way I will be able to get one within 2 weeks. Been waiting for this test for the past year and half. It's sad that I'll have to wait another 6-7 years for the next open exam :(((

Not sure if you are seriously considering NOT filing for the test. I say go for it. Try to get the license requirement in NYS by Dec 27th.

You might have a good shot of faster turnover for dmv road test outside of the 5 boroughs.

Even with only a learner's permit, I would still strongly encourage you to apply.

Edit - If they find you ineligible atleast you threw your hat in. Should you find yourself invited to pre-processing, talk to the people processing the paperwork about your lack of a valid DL at the time of filing and see where it takes you.

Edited by Dave2836

On the NOE "one year full time work experience that has been continuous with one employer"

Does that mean if I was working with Company A full time for 6 years and quit in June 2016 to work for Company B full time, it won't make me eligible?

You will qualify because you worked 6 continuous years with company A.

IMO I believe the mta lowered the requirements and made the test harder. The last NOE for train operator asked for 5 years of (don't quote me on this but I believe it was continuous) employment. It is going to be interesting to see how much people apply, these exams have been racking up some extreme numbers lately, sort of looking like sanitation.

Not sure if you are seriously considering NOT filing for the test. I say go for it. Try to get the license requirement in NYS by Dec 27th.

You might have a good shot of faster turnover for dmv road test outside of the 5 boroughs.

Even with only a learner's permit, I would still strongly encourage you to apply.

Edit - If they find you ineligible atleast you threw your hat in. Should you find yourself invited to pre-processing, talk to the people processing the paperwork about your lack of a valid DL at the time of filing and see where it takes you.

They will go by the date on your license when you file.... If you do not have a license don't bother.....

The oral assement is the ability to basically speak understand English and instructions.. The medical assement is the ability to medically preform the job according to MTA standards... They won't say what it is until you are there... I'm going to be honest this isn't going to be a "I pass the test and I'm in" thing...

They will go by the date on your license when you file.... If you do not have a license don't bother.....

The oral assement is the ability to basically speak understand English and instructions.. The medical assement is the ability to medically preform the job according to MTA standards... They won't say what it is until you are there... I'm going to be honest this isn't going to be a "I pass the test and I'm in" thing...

I apologize for the mis-information. Thank you for clarification.

I apologize for the mis-information. Thank you for clarification.

No need it just how these folks work they let you give your money then say "Oh sorry you are disqualified thanks for the money though" 

There are people i know who cant take this test now due to just that :(

Tell me about it...I won't be applying since I don't have that one [1] year of full-time work experience with one continuous employer...damn!!

Same boat, would've been nice if they would've substituted college credits for the experience. Seems we were so close, yet so far. Oh well, I didn't expect to take this exam (7604) since I didn't meet the qualifications for the last exam so I won't let this get me down too much. It is disappointing to say the least.

How'd you do on your conductors exam? We may not be out the fight. I'm very happy with my preliminary score so I'm hoping I'll get called for that and then take the next promotional exam for Train Operator whenever that comes around again. At least by then we'll be ahead of the next wave of open competitive people lol.

What did u score on conductor exam?

According to the preliminary results posted online I have 79 out of 80 so about a 98.75. I'm hoping to get called with that and then take the next promo to Train Operator

Had I known they were going to change the requirements for T/O I probably would've done things differently, but what's done is done so no need to harp on it and have regrets.

Lol...there goes my $82. Oh well!

https://dmv.ny.gov/offices?proximity%5Borigin%5D=11581. Used the search engine for a Long Island zip code.

You still got time to get the 5 hour class and schedule a road test. Just do your best to get it by dec 27th.

Edit - https://dmv.ny.gov/driver-license/prepare-your-road-test

Edited by Dave2836

No it won't. Like Seven said, they do, and will, check up on this stuff...

It's still dumb to lower the work experience from 5 years to just one and add a driver license requirement. I have more 6 times the work requirement (and 120 college credits to boot) but no license. God I'd feel so stupid if I don't manage to get my license by the 27th and get disqualified for that. :(:angry::(

So It's December 11th and the train operator position is available to apply for.  I have submitted the application online and paid the application fee.  I realize that as a Disabled Veteran I could have went through the process of filling out a paper form and waiving the fee but I chose to do it online, mainly to just fill it out and get that part out of the way.  I realized that "Disabled Veterans' Credit will be granted only to eligible passing candidates who request that they be applied.....but must be requested before the date the eligible list is established."  I clicked on Disabled Veteran in my online application, is this acceptable as a form of requesting this credi?  If not how do I do this and when should I do this?   

No it won't. Like Seven said, they do, and will, check up on this stuff...

Is there a procedure whereby the qualifications can be set to extend past the filing date upon an applicant's request? Meaning, you had your qualification requirements satisfied after the filing period expired but they give you an application to ask for waiving the deadline until the date you actually are called in? If there is such a mechanism, I wanna know about it...