ren
Message added by SevenEleven

40px_exams_nyct.png.d716ada25f0f5e3971807cd3eefbfd17.png

Train Operator, Exam No. 7604

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 9, 2018

Pay: Starts at $34.16 and increases to $39.81

Highest List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: (Last Reported 3800's) - For Medical: (Last Reported 3800's)

Training: Monday thru Friday, across three 8-hour tours (AMs, PMs, overnights), unless otherwise specified

Next Training Class: 

Resources:

(Updated January 20 ,2022)

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/18/2018 at 12:39 AM, I Run Trains said:

Actually Orientation is 3 days. the first 3 days you will be At TWU doing orientation.. and its long and BORING. LOL But they are very Strict with paper work. EVERYTHING HAS TO MATCH AND BE ON POINT! When they called me, It was In april, but due to having to get another social Security card and My name was spelled wrong on my diploma, I didn't officially get hired till July 11 and started July 27th... they will work with you.. just make sure you have everything.. if you been arrested, have ur disposition letters too! Thats important!

My legal last name on my birth certificate, ssc and every government ID consists of both my parents' surnames since I'm from another country.

When came to America and started school from 5th grade, my parents went along with American naming conventions and dropped my mother's surname. Incidentally, the name of my HS diploma doesn't fully match my legal full name (just missing 1 surname).

I can already see this is going to be an issue according to what you've recounted about MTA being meticulous about matching and on point. Would you know who I would talk to now to pre-emptively prepare for judgment day?

Edited by nipaaaa

Congrats to all that passed i got between 820-830 lost number with a score of 93 which I am. Shocked because i got a 93 also on the C/R exam and im in the 6000 range with that. Any woo I much rather be a T/O that's my dream job. Right bow im a B/O im proud to wear the MTA Uniform. 

Did anybody think they might of been graded incorrectly?  When I compared my record of answers to the proposed answer key, it showed I only had one wrong.  But the letter I received yesterday had a score of 96.667% which means two wrong.   I’m going to dispute it but just wanted to know if anybody else had a similar situation.  

2 hours ago, Mtahopeful121986 said:

Hey guys my list number is in the 1800s. About how fast would it take to get to my number? Or it will be a long wait? 

I got in the low 1600’s. When I called the number at the bottom of the letter the gentleman on the phone told me I would hear from the MTA within the year.

8 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Congrats to all that passed i got between 820-830 lost number with a score of 93 which I am. Shocked because i got a 93 also on the C/R exam and im in the 6000 range with that. Any woo I much rather be a T/O that's my dream job. Right bow im a B/O im proud to wear the MTA Uniform. 

I can only assume more people took the C/R exam since T/O requires a drivers license. 

Better than sanitation... I scored mid 90’s and list number is in the 15000’s lol

5 minutes ago, njbk said:

I think a lot of people were disqualified because of the license requirement for this test. 

Yeah, looks like it. I am one of those person, I had my permit before the application filing deadline but not license. 

Don't know if I stand a chance of appealing using the permit? 

10 minutes ago, njbk said:

I think a lot of people were disqualified because of the license requirement for this test. 

That’s bananas its 2018 who’s not over 20 and not walking around with a license ? I had my liscence since I was 19 turning 20 and I’m now 27 and never owned a car. I don’t get how many people could be getting disqualified for this. Also noticed people with low 90’s have a  great list numbers which is also weird to me. I got 6 wrong and don’t even want to know my score because I’ll be disappointed I didn’t do better. Especially after getting 4 wrong on conductor with a 95 score and a 5000 + rank.

21 minutes ago, Kidbx175 said:

That’s bananas its 2018 who’s not over 20 and not walking around with a license ? I had my liscence since I was 19 turning 20 and I’m now 27 and never owned a car. I don’t get how many people could be getting disqualified for this. Also noticed people with low 90’s have a  great list numbers which is also weird to me. I got 6 wrong and don’t even want to know my score because I’ll be disappointed I didn’t do better. Especially after getting 4 wrong on conductor with a 95 score and a 5000 + rank.

You’d be surprised. I have a lot of screw up friends who either never got one or are incapable of keeping a dl in good standing. It’s a smart move to weed out the kind of people you wouldn’t want to hire for a job like this. 

2 hours ago, BlueHefna said:

Did anybody think they might of been graded incorrectly?  When I compared my record of answers to the proposed answer key, it showed I only had one wrong.  But the letter I received yesterday had a score of 96.667% which means two wrong.   I’m going to dispute it but just wanted to know if anybody else had a similar situation.  

I did.. I’m going to dispute it as well.. answer key showed that I had 4 wrong which would have given me a 93...according to the mta paper I got 5 wrong which is a 91. On my answer sheet I only changed 1 answer the whole entire exam and I happen to get it right. Maybe I didn’t properly erase the circle n it got graded incorrectly. Either way, we’ll see.

1 hour ago, 2nice said:

I did.. I’m going to dispute it as well.. answer key showed that I had 4 wrong which would have given me a 93...according to the mta paper I got 5 wrong which is a 91. On my answer sheet I only changed 1 answer the whole entire exam and I happen to get it right. Maybe I didn’t properly erase the circle n it got graded incorrectly. Either way, we’ll see.

That’s what I’m thinking. I changed an answer and the machine probably picked up the erased answer as well.  

1 hour ago, Kidbx175 said:

Like the other poster said you'd be surprised. As someone who attends a CUNY within the city I felt like there was no need to rush into getting a DL since I take the train to get to school anyway, and if I go hangout same thing take the train. Had I known they were changing up the requirements I definitely would've gotten it.

And the reason why people with lower scores have lower list numbers on this exam compared to the Conductors was because of the amount of people who took it. There are 31k people who passed that exam as apposed to the train operators test which pr9bably has half that.

21 minutes ago, njbk said:

That’s weird to me, I’m assuming the tests were similar but with TO paying so much more idk why less people would take that test. 

Could be the requirements and or training/responsibilities associated with being a T/O.

32 minutes ago, njbk said:

That’s weird to me, I’m assuming the tests were similar but with TO paying so much more idk why less people would take that test. 

If you ask me the T/O wasn’t promoted the way the C/R was. I mean i remember seeing it in news papers on the train hearing people speaking about it. Cause you literally needed nothing but to pay and show up to take the exam. 

I also heard that since MTA took over giving they change up a lot on how they do things compared to how dcas does it. 

Received my notice as well. 17xx with a score of 91. I also find it wear that a friend of mines got a list number of mid 2xxx and he got a 89. So that leads me to believe that they disqualify a lot of people but how is the question. Think they look at driver records. I believe they had everyone write down they drivers liscense number for this exam. 

Hi, scored 93.3333, list number 10xx. Thought I did better.  I am one of the oldest to take the test I think.  Not sure if I will take the job if called. I have been retired from my profession for nearly 10 years.  Maybe I'll frame my call letter. I know of some retired guys taking the job as a hobby because it was their dream job as a child.  They stay until 62 or 65  (3 to 5 years) then call it quits.  It was my dream job as a child, but I should have taken the test in 2009.  Anyway, I heard the training was tough with a lot of people who could not make the cut after being called.

On 5/17/2018 at 12:37 PM, RTOMan said:

It is..

For those already down here Like Myself..

Anyone else hired i think within the last three years..

Tier Six...

Tier 6 is anyone that came from exam 8098 and later. So basically anyone with 5 1/2 years that didn’t come from another title or City/State job. It’s 55/25 for tier 6. 

1 hour ago, njbk said:

Asking again cause nobody answered: how long after starting schoolcar until i can take a vacation? 

You accure a vacation day for every month on the job up until the max of 10 days. Those accured days become available for use on January 1st of the following year. You need at least 5 days to be able to pick for a week of vacation. Anything less and they will just be vacation days that you can request off with.

So let's say you start in June, that will give you 6 months of service and 6 vacation days accured. On January 1st, you will get them to use. Towards the end of the year, you will pick a vacation week (which will use up 5 days) and have an extra day left over that you can use whenever within the year.

The accural cycle begins again in January so on January 1st, 2020, you will have accured 10 days (for the 10 months you worked in 2019) and you will be able to pick 2 weeks of vacation. Rinse and repeat until you get 4 weeks of vacation after 3 years and then again for 5 weeks after 15 years. 

Now, you do not need to have these vacation days to take a week off. There are other kind of days (AVAs, PLDs, OTO) and other tricks that can be used to string days together.