MTA Car Inspector Exam # 6612

vbledea

The NOE for car inspector states that one can qualify if <B> "Graduation from a recognized trade school or technical school with a major course of study in electromechanical, electrical or electronic technology, or a closely related field totaling at least 600 hours" <\b> can anyone tell me from past experience or knowledge trade or technical schools that the mta would accept?

I applied from the outside. I have a few friends that currently work as Car Inspectors.

When I took the exam, I had no idea there were study materials available on the internet. My automotive and electrical background knowledge allowed me to pass but you need more than just a basic understanding of electricity.

I went to an automotive trade school with a strong focus on electrical diagnostics and hybrid electromechanical technology. Hybrid and electric vehicles use components and systems nearly identical to the high voltage traction motor/ generator / high voltage batteries used on the subway trains. If you want a glimpse into the complexity of these systems and their operations, google regenerative braking.

I went to an automotive trade school with a strong focus on electrical diagnostics and hybrid electromechanical technology. Hybrid and electric vehicles use components and systems nearly identical to the high voltage traction motor/ generator / high voltage batteries used on the subway trains. If you want a glimpse into the complexity of these systems and their operations, google regenerative braking.

Can you let me know the name of the school? I just want to make sure I don't go to a school that the mta doesn't recognize.

ok so I have a Signal maintainer exam coming up in march, from what ive been hearing that the test should be the exact same as a CI practical? so there should be 4 parts to this practical? Mystery board, wiring up a board by reading a schematic, trouble shooting a board, and disassemble a valve and putting it back together ? 

as for the mystery board, you will need to know your resistors,diodes,jump wires,open terminals and capacitors

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guy I took a practical test and before I got the result is was called for provisional position. I took a drug test 3 weeks ago still waiting for a call for next process. How long do they take before they call me back for the next process?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carlover !

When did you take a practical exam?

Sorry, should have been more specific. This is for the Temporary Car Inspector. I went in for the interview and got called back for the drug test. Still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived