Bee-Line and CT Transit Stamford

I decided to take a trip about a week ago to fan in the Westchester/Fairfield County region. Most of these were services I rode for the first time. I started off in Fordham on the 61. I took the first outbound bus towards the NY-CT State Line. It was a really long ride. 

28277577421_042f38cf7b_b.jpg2006 Orion V 649 on the 61 (Westchester Bee-Line) at Fordham Plaza by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

The BO seemed like he took no shit, but past the New Rochelle area, he wasn't really so tough on people (including a person who was short). However at Fordham, off the bat, he would not move the bus until someone paid (the person was not trying to farebeat though, she was putting a package down in one of the seats). I was trying to take shots of several buses from the bus I was on, which is difficult for a variety of reasons. I was also the last person to get off the bus. The Port Chester Train Station is like almost isolated, because I couldn't find it from the bus. Once the bus turned onto Willet Avenue from Route 1, I knew I passed the train Station. 

28322486906_afe21b0076_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 294 on the 61 (Westchester Bee-Line) at Boston Road/Tiemann Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28073747960_5ef0ee9ecb_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 243 on the 45 (Westchester Bee-Line) at North Avenue/Lincoln Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

A rundown of all the stops and ridership is available here:

Route: 61

Bus: 649

Time: 11:30 AM

Origin: Fordham Plaza

Destination: Port Chester-NY/CT State Line

Stop                                                                                   Ridership (Pick-ups/Drop-Offs)

(The Bronx)

Fordham Plaza                                                                                   18/0

Fordham Road/Arthur Avenue                                                             2/0

Fordham Road/Belmont Avenue                                                          3/0

Boston Road/Pelham Parkway                                                             2/0

Boston Road/White Plains Road                                                           2/0

Boston Road/Bronxwood Avenue                                                         3/2

Boston Road/Hone Avenue                                                                  0/2

Boston Road/Gun Hill Road                                                                 4/2

Boston Road/Wilson Avenue                                                                4/2

Boston Road/Fenton Avenue                                                               0/3

Boston Road/Eastchester Road                                                           3/1

Boston Road/Tiemann Avenue                                                             4/1

Boston Road/East 224 Street                                                               0/1

Boston Road/Baychester Avenue                                                         1/1

Boston Road/Bivonia Street                                                                  0/5

Boston Road/Dyre Avenue                                                                   1/0

Boston Road/Conner Street                                                                  1/2

(Westchester)

Boston Post Road/Pelham Parkway                                                      1/5

Boston Post Road/Espalande                                                                0/2

Boston Post Road/Russell Street                                                           1/2

Opposite 737 Main Street                                                                      0/1

Main Street/Centre Avenue                                                                    0/9

Main Street/Church Street                                                                      0/1

North Avenue/Main Street                                                                      1/1

North Avenue/Hugenot Avenue                                                              0/1

New Rochelle Transit Center                                                                  4/1 

North Avenue/The Boulevard                                                                 0/1

Fifth Avenue/North Avenue                                                                     0/1

City Park                                                                                                 0/2

Palmer Avenue/Depot Way                                                                     1/0

Palmer Avenue/Richbell Road                                                                3/0

Palmer Avenue/Mamaroneck Avenue                                                     1/2

Mamaroneck Avenue/Halstead Avenue                                                  2/0

Halstead Avenue/West Street                                                                 0/1

Halstead Avenue/First Street                                                                  0/2

Halstead Avenue/Broadway                                                                    1/0

Newport Towers                                                                                      1/0

Thoedore Fremd Avenue/North Street                                                    0/1

Theodore Fremd Avenue/Purchase Street                                              0/1

Purchase Street/Highland Street                                                             1/0

High Street/Boston Post Road                                                                 0/2

Boston Post Road/South Regent Avenue                                                0/2

Westchester Avenue/North Main Street                                                   0/3

Willet Avenue/US Route 1                                                                        0/1

Total Riders:64

I had some time to take a break, so I went into the mall-like area that was at the intersection of South Main and Westchester. I went into the Stop & Shop, and bought myself some Tortilla chips (it was the $2 bag, but at checkout, they gave me a 50 cent savings, which was pretty nice, since it was a rather big bag). Anyways, I also took some shots of buses in that area too.

28252764952_e0d38540a5_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 268 on the 13 (Westchester Bee-Line) at North Main Street/Westchester Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28073746420_75f23ddab6_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 294 on the 61 (Westchester Bee-Line) at North Main Street/Westchester Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

I looked everywhere for the bus stop for the 11, since CT Transit usually has markings on their bus stops that show that a CT Transit service stops there. It wasn't until I looked at the guide-a-ride that displayed the times for the 11, in which I found it where the bus stops. I took the 11B, which takes a more southern route between Port Chester and Greenwich, but I did ride the bus below:

28073747010_c868f26cf4_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1408 on the 11A (CT Transit Stamford) at North Main Street/Westchester Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

Here's the rundown and ridership from that trip:

Route: 11B

Bus: 1408

Time: 2:00 PM

Origin: Port Chester-Liberty Square

Destination: Stamford Transportation Center

Stop                                                                                   Ridership (Pick-ups/Drop-Offs)

(New York)

Port Chester-Liberty Square                                                                  13/0

(Connecticut)

Mill Street/Henry Street                                                                           1/0

Delavan Street/Beech Street                                                                   1/1

Hamilton Avenue/Armstrong Avenue                                                       0/1

Hamilton Avenue/St. Roch Avenue                                                          0/1

Greenwich Railroad Station                                                                     1/1

Mason Avenue/Railroad Avenue                                                              1/0

Mason Avenue Circle                                                                               0/1

Mason Avenue/East Elm Street                                                                0/1

Mason Avenue/Lewis Street                                                                     0/2

Mason Avenue/East Putnam Avenue                                                       0/1

East Putnam Avenue/Old Church Road                                                   1/0

Cos-Cob Town Line                                                                                  1/0

East Putnam Avenue/Strickland Road                                                      2/0

East Putnam Avenue/Orchard Avenue                                                     2/0

East Putnam Avenue/Sheephill Road                                                       2/0

East Putnam Avenue/Neil Lane                                                                1/0

East Putnam Avenue/Old Kings Highway                                                 1/0

East Putnam Avenue/Rockmere Avenue                                                  1/0

East Putnam Avenue/Wendle Place                                                          0/1

East Putnam Avenue/Myano Lane                                                            3/0

West Main Street/West Avenue                                                                 1/4

West Main Street/Virgil Street                                                                    0/2

West Main Street/High Street                                                                    0/2

West Main Street/Spruce Street                                                                0/2

West Main Street/Stillwater Avenue                                                           1/2

Tresser Boulevard/Washington Boulevard                                                 0/2

Tresser Boulevard/Atlantic Street                                                               0/2

Stamford Transportation Center                                                                 0/7

Total Riders: 33

Unfortunately, the transfer which I had expired at 3:58 PM, which was 2 minutes before the I-Bus was to depart from its Stamford Terminal. I had to take the 3:05 PM from the Transportation Center instead, so as to not have to pay extra. I managed to get some shots of buses in the transportation center. The 11B I was on turned into a 41.

27740670403_ba5acbcd85_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1408 on the 41 (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28277583491_9782906635_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1413 on the 31B (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28277582781_cee4cfb474_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1484 on the 43 (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28356231135_65d0208c54_b.jpgPrevost X3-45 Commuter Coach 86877 operating for Greyhound Bus Lines at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

27740669583_d669e2797e_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1424 on the 11A (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

27740023214_3c050aaa73_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1424 on the 11A (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

27740022894_f8bd800bce_b.jpg2014 New Flyer "Xcelsior" XDE40 1402 on the 33 (CT Transit Stamford) at the Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

The 3:05 PM finally arrived, towards White Plains:

28322478466_20daa3e35b_b.jpg2010 MCI D4500CT 1020 on the I-Bus (CT Transit Stamford) at Stamford Transportation Center by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

Here's the rundown of the stops and the ridership on that bus

Route: I-Bus

Bus: 1020

Time: 3:00 PM

Origin: Stamford-Atlantic Square

Destination: White Plains

(Connecticut)

Atlantic Square                                                                                              2/0

Stamford Transportation Center                                                                    7/0

(New York)

Westchester Mall                                                                                           0/1

South Broadway/Main Street                                                                         0/2

Martine Avenue/Court Street                                                                         0/4

White Plains TransCenter                                                                              0/2                                                                                                              

Total Riders:9

The 1W was suppose to arrive soon, so I didn't really have much time to get some shots at the TransCneter either:

28277571801_83508dae2d_b.jpg2001 Neoplan USA AN460 504 on the 20 (Westchester Bee-Line) at the White Plains TransCenter by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28356230075_eb19568ea3_b.jpg2002 Neoplan USA AN460 574 on the 6 (Westchester Bee-Line) at the White Plains TransCenter by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28356229425_b313bd44e9_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 235 on the 13 (Westchester Bee-Line) at the White Plains TransCenter by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

I caught the 1W, and from there, rode it to the (1) . It was a pretty long ride, but IMO, not as bad or slow as the 20 (I would have taken the 40 if it only went to the (2) . Anyways, I gave the B/O my CT Transit transfer (since it was still valid). That allowed me to be able to take the Q38 from Woodhaven Blvd instead of walking. I took some pictures on-board the bus of other buses along the way too:

28277571091_3e3f4483a5_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 289 on the 13 (Westchester Bee-Line) at Tarrytown Road/Yosemite Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28073740910_941b4f7e31_b.jpg2006 Orion V 652 on the 1W (Westchester Bee-Line) at Tarrytown Road/Broadway by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

28277578341_22ffd30442_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 280 on the 1 (Westchester Bee-Line) at South Broadway/Prospect Avenue by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

27740021924_fca2f5b406_b.jpg2009 NABI 40LFW 279 on the 1 (Westchester Bee-Line) at South Broadway/Radford Street by BM5 via Woodhaven, on Flickr

Here's the rundown for that trip:

Route: 1W

Bus: 568

Time: 3:41 PM

Origin: Stamford-Atlantic Square

Destination: White Plains

Riders Before White Plains TransCenter                                                 3/0

White Plains TransCenter                                                                        3/0

Tarrytown Road/Hillside Avenue                                                              5/0

Tarrytown Road/Manhattan Avenue                                                        1/0

Tarrytown Road/Yellowstone Avenue                                                      1/0

Tarrytown Road/Bed Bath & Beyond                                                       3/0

Elmsford Square                                                                                    10/1

Route 119 & Broadway                                                                            1/0

Broadway/Interstate 287                                                                          1/0

Broadway/Gracemere                                                                              1/0

Broadway/Fieldpoint Drive                                                                        0/1

Broadway/Harriman Road                                                                        1/0

Broadway/Estherwood Avenue                                                                 2/0

Broadway/Colonial Avenue                                                                       1/0

Warburton Avenue/Spring Street                                                              2/0

Opposite 400 Warburton Avenue                                                             1/0

Opposite 554 Warburton Avenue                                                             1/0

Warburton Avenue/Glenwood Avenue                                                      3/1

Warburton Avenue/Gold Street                                                                 1/1

Warburton Avenue/Lamartine Avenue                                                      1/0

131 Warburton Avenue                                                                             1/4

Warburton Avenue/Manor House                                                              3/8

Getty Square                                                                                             1/2

Prospect Street/South Broadway                                                               4/1

St Joseph's Medical Center                                                                       0/4

South Broadway/Park Hill Avenue                                                             3/6

South Broadway/Highland Avenue                                                            5/0

South Broadway/Ludlow Street                                                                 1/1

South Broadway/Morris Street                                                                  2/0

South Broadway/McLean Avenue                                                             0/5

South Broadway/Radford Street                                                               3/0

South Broadway/Rocklege Place                                                              0/1

South Broadway/Fanshaw Avenue                                                           1/0

Van Cortlandt Park-242 Street (1) Station                                                0/30

Total Riders: 66

And with that, I end my little fan trip. In the future, I wanna also fan to the west (Rockland County), but the TZX schedule on Saturday is crappy, so I'll see how that works out. 

Archived