Cypress Hills (BMT JAMAICA LINE)

On a random evening I just happened to be in this section of the city. I was doing a blog about the impact of locked staircases and the shuttering of businesses near the stations that would otherwise bring them customers.

I mentioned that the mall makes the bus. But I didn't mean the mall exactly. Commerce in general brings validity to any route regardless of its type.

East New York is the fastest growing section of the city and is horribly underserved by existing transit options. The Triboro Project utilizes LIRR, Freight and disused subway rails.

If and when repair work begins on the (L), I really think that time should be used to experiment on better options for East NY. Perhaps the creation of a new subway series. (J-K-L-M) East New York Line.

The (J) & (L) would be local, the (K) being express & the (M) being pronged between Broadway & 4th Avenue starting at Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall. The Nassau Loop rails could make the (M) a rush hour favorite. And common points could include Essex St, Bway Junction & Myrtle Av - Bway.

My suggestions are theoretical, but with a bit of investment or adjustment is it feasible long term?

242e8610d2f597ec0f07956655f8fc94.jpg

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

Archived