CT Transit New Website and Upcoming Stamford Route and Number Changes for August 14

New Redesigned website https://www.cttransit.com/

There's a renumbering for the Stamford Routes. The Stamford routes will now occupy designations from 301-399 and 971. Most routes will have a similar number, just moved up by 300.

https://www.cttransit.com/news/renumbering-stamford-area-routes-effective-august-14

Essentially, here's the renumbering:

OLD              NEW

11A                 311

11B                311B

WMS              312

21                 321

22                 324

24                 324

26                 326

27                 327

31                 331

32                 336

33                 333

34                 334

35                 335

41                 341

42                 344

EMS              342

43                 328

45                 345

CCC               351

I-BUS             971

The New CT Transit Site now has all the information for the I-Bus/971, and the current website for the I-Bus will not be used (but is still accessible). 

They got rid of the maps! Christ, I always used their maps in the event that I had to commute out there, especially in Hartford and Stamford.

Hopefully they add them back.

you can always look on the internet archive

As far as route numbering goes, I suppose this is a small sample of "NJT-ing" CTTransit's bus routes huh.....

The I-bus, put it like this - You'll start hearing riders refer to that route as the 971, just like you hear motorists refer to the BBT as the Hugh Carey.... I have YET to literally hear (not read... Hear) someone up close & personal, call it the Hugh Carey (tunnel)......

Anyway, if you ask me, they should've changed New Haven's route lettering system, not Stamford's numbering system.... I understand it, but still abhor it....

Regardless, thanks for the news btw....

As far as route numbering goes, I suppose this is a small sample of "NJT-ing" CTTransit's bus routes huh.....

The I-bus, put it like this - You'll start hearing riders refer to that route as the 971, just like you hear motorists refer to the BBT as the Hugh Carey.... I have YET to literally hear (not read... Hear) someone up close & personal, call it the Hugh Carey (tunnel)......

Anyway, if you ask me, they should've changed New Haven's route lettering system, not Stamford's numbering system.... I understand it, but still abhor it....

Regardless, thanks for the news btw....

I believe that it will spread to the entire system within the next few years. Most of the renumbering is done, since the Hartford routes will be the only single digit numbers, followed by the 100s as fastracks, 300s as Stamford, New Britain/Bristol in the 500s (To be more specific, New Britain has the 501-539 numbers, Bristol has 540-599), and all the express bus routes in the 900s. Waterbury, New Haven, and Meridan/Wallingford will be left (with Meridan/Wallingford being a very small division in the first place of four routes).

IDK the numbering schemes for New Haven, but based on the numbering on the new Waterbury Route, looks like Waterbury might be renumbered in the 400s, although when has yet to be seen. When they get to New Haven, Those letter (trunk routes) will be seeing a lot of different numbers

They got rid of the maps! Christ, I always used their maps in the event that I had to commute out there, especially in Hartford and Stamford.

Hopefully they add them back.

The Maps are not very easy to locate, but essentially you click on the schedule for any route in that division, and to the bottom right, it should say *Insert City Here* Area System, or something along those lines. The maps are there, but Stamford's map redirects to a broken link page.

Archived