Second Avenue Subway Test Trains

Dj Hammers

The first test of many simultaneously-running trains on the Second Avenue Subway occurred yesterday. A few sets of R160s, some weighted and some unweighted, and a weighted set of R68As made runs between 57/7 and 96th. 

I caught a quick view of them at Lex 63rd. Enjoy, and please subscribe!

Great video! Do you know how heavy the weights are?

R68s, huh? Sounds like some rush-hour (N) trains will be seeing some 2nd Av action. Either that, or some will go to the (Q). Good content as always, Mr. Hammers.

Some (N)s are going to 96th. They used to be short turns to 42nd Street and 57th Street.

R68s, huh? Sounds like some rush-hour (N) trains will be seeing some 2nd Av action. Either that, or some will go to the (Q). Good content as always, Mr. Hammers.

They'll go up signed as Qs via Sea Beach and come down as Ns. 

Like a match, you strike again!!!

Saw your video on CBS, so cool!

Thanks guys!!!

The MTA really dropped the ball on that. Just " (N) express to 57th Street" confuses people and causes issues on 4th Avenue in the morning rush. Having one pull up as a (Q) via Sea Beach will be an absolute shit show.

I don't think it will be an issue since people on 4 Av know that the (Q) is going to the Broadway line and most 4 Av riders know its going to Midtown so they will take it. If its a R68/A (N) being sent to 96 St on those intervals, I wont be surprised if they leave the signs as the (N) tbh

Archived