•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -
    News

Stranger Picks Up, Shakes Young Boy Between Subway Cars

• Please log in to reply
    55 replies to this topic

#1 +Young+

+Young+
    • 2,153 posts
    • LocationQueens, New York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

news story.JPG

Cops are searching for the stranger who grabbed a boy on board a moving subway train in Manhattan, pulled him out into the area between the subway cars and shook him, threatening to throw him onto the tracks, police say. The 11-year-old boy was with friends on a southbound 4 train in midtown Manhattan last Wednesday afternoon when the man picked up the boy and pulled him in between the subway cars, police said.

Read more: Source

Edited by Harry, 13 October 2016 - 06:35 AM.

R.I.P. Transit Transit News Magazine, 1994 - 2014

(https://youtu.be/-sF89sIqzVQ)

w-tt5.gif

#2 ttcsubwayfan

ttcsubwayfan
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,589 posts
    • LocationSomewhere

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

Do you go ever get the feeling that the entire world around you has lost its collective mind?

flickr.gif

#3 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,319 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:16 PM

So many crazies on the subways, which is why I avoid it like the plague.  There needs to be more of a police presence down there and more undercover cops as well.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8, 12 October 2016 - 05:35 PM.

BxM2-WESTMIDTOWN_zps03c172c1.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

#4 Tonyboy515

Tonyboy515
    • Pip
    • 198 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:22 PM

Oh. My. God. I'd be scared to death.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

#5 Missabassie

Missabassie
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,832 posts
    • LocationSpring Yard Zone

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:24 PM

What the bleep?? :huh:

"There is No Such Thing as Coincidence in This World. The Only Thing is Hitsuzen."

Hitsuzen: A Naturally Fore-ordained Event. A State in Which All Other Outcomes Are Impossible.

#6 P3F

P3F
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,176 posts
    • LocationBroken Land

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:26 AM

So many crazies on the subways, which is why I avoid it like the plague. There needs to be more of a police presence down there and more undercover cops as well.

If you stay at least semi aware during your subway ride, you really shouldn't have issues with crazies. During rush hours there are too many people on the subway for anything scary to happen. Off peak hours are more of an issue, but the chance of getting harassed is still rather slim on most lines. Yes, on certain lines running through certain neighborhoods it can happen more often, but still not often enough to be a cause for worry.

If stories like these happened three times a week or every day, there would be more of a cause for concern. But it doesn't. Be aware and don't do stupid things.

#7 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,319 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:18 AM

If you stay at least semi aware during your subway ride, you really shouldn't have issues with crazies. During rush hours there are too many people on the subway for anything scary to happen. Off peak hours are more of an issue, but the chance of getting harassed is still rather slim on most lines. Yes, on certain lines running through certain neighborhoods it can happen more often, but still not often enough to be a cause for worry.

If stories like these happened three times a week or every day, there would be more of a cause for concern. But it doesn't. Be aware and don't do stupid things.

Ha, please.  Being on a subway during rush hour doesn't stop the homeless people from taking over entire cars (they do because their stench simply can't be tolerated, forcing everyone to other cars) or the showtime people (they actually love performing during the rush since they have a better chance of getting money (more people to prey on)).  From my experiences, I rarely get on a subway (peak or off-peak) without either a homeless person, a showtime person or some nut job yelling about Jesus and how we're going to hell :P.  They seem to take over the (4) (5) train, and the homeless have become the norm on the (Q) trains on weekends going to Coney Island.  

BxM2-WESTMIDTOWN_zps03c172c1.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

#8 bobtehpanda

bobtehpanda
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,360 posts
    • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:37 AM

Is this the subway getting more dangerous, or dangerous things on the subway getting more reporting than in the past?

#9 P3F

P3F
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,176 posts
    • LocationBroken Land

Posted 13 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Ha, please.  Being on a subway during rush hour doesn't stop the homeless people from taking over entire cars (they do because their stench simply can't be tolerated, forcing everyone to other cars) or the showtime people (they actually love performing during the rush since they have a better chance of getting money (more people to prey on)).  From my experiences, I rarely get on a subway (peak or off-peak) without either a homeless person, a showtime person or some nut job yelling about Jesus and how we're going to hell :P.  They seem to take over the (4) (5) train, and the homeless have become the norm on the (Q) trains on weekends going to Coney Island.  

If the car smells bad, whether from a homeless person or a wet dog, move into the next car. It's that simple. If you are on the (4) or (5) during rush hour then you might not be able to do that, which is true. Then again, the vast majority of subways don't have an extreme homeless infestation (or at least the lines I ride).

The train is usually too crowded for showtime during rush hour. When I used to see it more often, it happened mostly during the middays and late afternoons.

It appears you are incredibly unlucky with riding subways if you always see a homeless person or a showtime person. Maybe you attract them somehow? Then again, maybe you're overreacting, which wouldn't exactly be new. I believe you once were super upset about somebody who looked shabby getting onto your express bus.

The ones who yell about Jesus or Messiah or whatever, I think those are hilarious. They usually don't bother anyone, and pretty much everybody ignores them.

Admittedly, I don't ride the (4) and (5) on a regular basis so I don't know too much about the situation there. To be honest those lines are much too crowded to be a comfortable ride. However, I will say that I rarely see homeless people on the (Q) on the weekends in Brooklyn. In any case, it's the weekend, so it's a non-issue to move to another car if there is one.

Honestly, rowdy schoolkids are more of an issue on the Brighton Line than homeless people, women claiming they are pregnant and asking for money, or self-declared preachers. The schoolkids can be really annoying, while the rest are just minor inconveniences that are easily ignored.

Edited by P3F, 13 October 2016 - 11:28 AM.

#10 TeeLow

TeeLow
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 527 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn Brooklyn!

Posted 13 October 2016 - 12:08 PM

It appears you are incredibly unlucky with riding subways if you always see a homeless person or a showtime person. Maybe you attract them somehow? Then again, maybe you're overreacting, which wouldn't exactly be new. I believe you once were super upset about somebody who looked shabby getting onto your express bus.

:) :D :lol:

You Can Hear Me. Yet Do You Understand Me.

It Is Then, That You Are Listening

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: news