Security Agent

petecas92

The job description for it was very similar to protection agent only the pay was alil less.....would you happen to know how often they hire for property protection agent ? I didn't take a exam for it I just applied for it through the employment website and submitted my resume.

I do armed security work & my overall goal is to become a collection agent, but I'm trying to get my foot in the door with mta & work my way up

The job description for it was very similar to protection agent only the pay was alil less.....would you happen to know how often they hire for property protection agent ? I didn't take a exam for it I just applied for it through the employment website and submitted my resume.

I do armed security work & my overall goal is to become a collection agent, but I'm trying to get my foot in the door with mta & work my way up

The hire rate for Transit Property Protection Agents is pretty low. The department of security is a very small department. I believe there's just under 400 agents system wide, including the eagle team that does fare enforcement on select bus service. Could you somehow post a link to this title you applied for.

Station Supervisor Level I

Ok I've found something on the job you applied for. MTA Security Agents seem to work for the MTA Bus Company. Similar job to TPPA's, but they don't work for MaBSTOA or NYCTA. You'd be working for MTA Bus.

Job Detail for Security Agent

Job Information First day of Posting: 12/11/13Last day of Filing: 1/2/14Authority: MTA BusWork Location: VariousReports To: MTA Bus Security Summary MTA Bus Security Guards will perform routine work in the surveillance of bus depots on MTA Bus properties in order to provide protection against terrorist acts, trespass, damage and loss. Rate of Pay Starting Salary: $15.625-$22.3225 per hour Responsibilities Prepare written reports.Interpret and follow special written instructions and directives.Drive a motor vehicle and perform related work.Security Guards are required to stand for long periods of time and patrol facilities.Security Guards are required to stay continuously alert; walk up and down stairs and over extended distances that cover the perimeter of MTA Bus properties.Responsible for confronting unauthorized persons on MTA Bus properties and working outside in all kinds of weather. Education and Experience Valid Driver License in the State of New York with no restrictions, which must be maintained for the duration of employment. Serious moving violations, license suspension or an accident record, may disqualify.At the time of appointment, all candidates must show valid proof of prior filing for a New York State Guard License. By the end of the probationary period, probationers must possess a New York State Guard License. Failure to secure this license will result in the termination of their services. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.One year of full-time experience performing security work.Four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; orA satisfactory equivalent of combined education and experience requirements. Other Information DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:Strong verbal and written communication skills.Knowledge of standard security procedures and practices.Strong conflict resolution techniques.Ability to utilize CCTV and intrusion detection systems. How To Apply Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the "APPLY NOW" button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page. Equal Employment Opportunity MTA Bus Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Ok so my chances of getting called back are very slim. I was just trying to get a idea, I appreciate the response. Gonna continue to keep checking the website and applying to everything I qualify for

I wouldn't say your chances are slim. You asked how often they hire and I said not much. But then again not many people apply for security jobs with the MTA, or even know of their existence. If you applied and qualified, you should hear something. I couldn't give a time frame.

You're right. I was thinking that, I don't see anyone asking about security positions on this forum. I'm guessing when you submit your application online the call back process is similar to them pulling your name out of a hat. I also heard the computer reads for keywords on your resume

Archived