Around the Horn

Bus looks great. However, the signage has got to go!

The signs on the (MTA) buses 5364-5438 are better off than those with 5987-6125 upcoming order.

They're far less annoying.  I mean seriously the lights are WAYY too bright on the other SBS buses.  You have to be blind not to see it coming.

Bus looks great. However, the signage has got to go!

The signs on the (MTA) buses 5364-5438 are better off than those with 5987-6125 upcoming order.

Breakdown of what newer buses got what signs:

Axion multicolor: the XD40s at LGA and the XD60s at JFK

Hanover multicolor: NYCT XD60s (the new ones), the incoming XN40s

Luminator Spectrum: the 7000s XD40s (except LGA), the LFS post-8090, all the SBS LFSAs, the SBS NGs on Staten Island, and whatever old LFS/A and C40LF with a new replacement sign.

The MTA isn't too happy with the Spectrums, that's why they jumped ship to the Hanovers.

Luminator Spectrum: the 7000s XD40s (except LGA), the LFS post-8090, all the SBS LFSAs, the SBS NGs on Staten Island, and whatever old LFS/A and C40LF with a new replacement sign.

The MTA isn't too happy with the Spectrums, that's why they jumped ship to the Hanovers.

That's a copy on that ????????

Don't get me wrong. Not saying anything negative on the bus. However, the font isn't right, and I would of thought NYCT could get the axion signage on its XD60's. Of course this is the (MTA), and i got to see the bus in person. Pictures tell the story.

Don't the LFS' have Axions as well?

That's a copy on that

Don't get me wrong. Not saying anything negative on the bus. However, the font isn't right, and I would of thought NYCT could get the axion signage on its XD60's. Of course this is the (MTA), and i got to see the bus in person. Pictures tell the story.

With the Hanover system, it's not completely possible. Axion is owned by Luminator, hence the similarities and capabilities.

Archived