Confusing Train Operator Notice

Globetrotter

My brother took the Train Operator test back in 2009 and scored 71. His number is over 10,000 on the list.

A few days ago, he received a notice in the mail that stated the following:

Congratulations. You have been found qualified in the education and experience test for:

Examination Title: TRAIN OPERATOR

Examination No: XXXX      Group No: XX

Why did they send him this notice, and what exactly does it mean?

Are they planning on hiring him anytime soon?

He took this test 7 years ago. Why would they be sending him this now, if not to hire him?

Wow I got that letter from DCAS back in 2011 then was hired in 2012. They sent that out really late. I thought that was sent out to everyone on the list already. It means exactly what it says. It's just stating that he met the education and experience requirements for the exam. Then the waiting game begins. Once NYCT reaches his list number he will get a letter from them offering him the job with the date/time to report to 180 Livingston to begin processing (background, drugtesting and medical exam).

^ you'd be surprise the amount of people failing , arrest record or cant even pass the drug test, the list is moving QUICK,

plus  a lot of people are not taking the job as well after they thought the job is not just going up and down the tracks, there is so much involved with the title

Archived