CS XD60 Round 2

IAlam

This time I got to ride the XD60 and the bus is pretty smooth.The B/O said they are required to fill out a survey, about the bus so that they could get driver feedback. he was happy that the bus was heavier than the LFSA, but he hated the fact that the doors in the rear opened out instead of opening inwards. 

IMG_6393_zps4j7q5pos.jpg

IMG_6392_zpsb6fj6npz.jpg

IMG_6397_zpsascovksc.jpg

IMG_6408_zps6jramra9.jpg

IMG_6410_zpsu4ozxxen.jpg

IMG_2053_zpsacsdtlaz.jpg

IMG_2052_zps78seslhg.jpg

Nice shots. It's smooth for the most part, but when it comes to a stop it seems to have a jolt similar to that of the XD40s when they come to a stop. I don't think I felt it on the ZF XD60s at MTAB. However, it's a nice bus for the most part.

This time I got to ride the XD60 and the bus is pretty smooth.The B/O said they are required to fill out a survey, about the bus so that they could get driver feedback. he was happy that the bus was heavier than the LFSA, but he hated the fact that the doors in the rear opened out instead of opening inwards. 

I actually love the fact that the doors open outwards now. The inward opening doors on the LFSA never close on crowded buses. The doors are also VERY SLOW in the LFS buses, which sometimes can get frustrating (at least for me). In addition to that, people don't have to get crushed when the B/Os close the doors before people finish boarding/exiting. The only disadvantage I can see is that the doors are easier to hold open. 

If it's one thing I hate about driving those xd60 are the brakes. You stop the bus then within 2-3 seconds the brake pedal sinks to the floor and sometimes that gives a jolt. So if the bus is inching in traffic and the operator doesn't press the accelerator it will stop suddenly.

If it's one thing I hate about driving those xd60 are the brakes. You stop the bus then within 2-3 seconds the brake pedal sinks to the floor and sometimes that gives a jolt. So if the bus is inching in traffic and the operator doesn't press the accelerator it will stop suddenly.

A lot of operators aren't too fond of that new interlock on the new Xcelsiors.

Nice shots. It's smooth for the most part, but when it comes to a stop it seems to have a jolt similar to that of the XD40s when they come to a stop. I don't think I felt it on the ZF XD60s at MTAB. However, it's a nice bus for the most part.

I actually love the fact that the doors open outwards now. The inward opening doors on the LFSA never close on crowded buses. The doors are also VERY SLOW in the LFS buses, which sometimes can get frustrating (at least for me). In addition to that, people don't have to get crushed when the B/Os close the doors before people finish boarding/exiting. The only disadvantage I can see is that the doors are easier to hold open. 

The door in the rear feels the same it's really just the first door on the XD60 that's faster. 

But another issue it creates, on SBS lines, some machines are located right at the curb instead of facing the street a few feet back. So what happens is the bus stops and the doors clip the machines. 

It's 2016, how come all orders aren't standard with inward opening doors? Don't have to worry about the door getting stuck on something outside, and everything can be in sync with the front door.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They should be, but only the Novas do it as of now. 

It's 2016, how come all orders aren't standard with inward opening doors? Don't have to worry about the door getting stuck on something outside, and everything can be in sync with the front door.

That happened one time at parkchester. A Bx4A (XD60) opened the back door and got stuck on a pole since the yellow tape thought the pole was a person touching the tape. The b/o had to restart the bus's engine for the back doors to close.

Not with the Novas. When you board with the front door you're gonna have to awkwardly stand there for 2 seconds because you expect the door to open. I really don't get what takes those doors so long to open, even though it's something small, its one of the things I hate the most about those buses. 

Not with the Novas. When you board with the front door you're gonna have to awkwardly stand there for 2 seconds because you expect the door to open. I really don't get what takes those doors so long to open, even though it's something small, its one of the things I hate the most about those buses. 

I'd still take it cause of the larger doors, and the fact the driver can just drive w/o closing the doors and it'll close automatically.

To my knowledge, the rear doors on the Xcelsiors are custom. The regular spec is for them to open inward. They each have their pros/cons.

Sent from my SM-G925T using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I was on a q53 last month and the B/O had to get off the bus and try to untangle the garbage that got stuck with the back door.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived